“Still Very Good”

PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Check in/out very good - quick and easy.
Room very comfortable with great views out the window back towards the city, very comfortable bed and lovely hot shower.
Restaurant and bar service very good. Hamburger still fabulous and a very good wine selection by the glass.
Breakfast impressive with a great selection.
Received great assistance three days earlier when I did not book and tried to check in late at night. Night manager rang Mantra and arranged a pick up bus.

Room Tip: Higher floors on north side for city views
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
GeneralManagerPRML, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Terryjames14

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport.

I was pleased to note that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your evaluation will be shared with our team. It is through continuous feedback, from guests such as yourselves, that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

Once again, thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

Reviewed 16 August 2017

A great way to spend a night before flying out on holidays. Breakfast was superb as usual. The Staff are to be Congratulated on the way they treat the guests, from the Cleaning staff , the Front Desk, and the Breakfast Staff, nothing is any problem for them to make your stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Dear Geraldine N

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We have stayed as a family at this hotel a few times before.
BUT in May 2017 we arrived late at night for an early flight the next morning.
Our family room for 4 people was an absolute discrace. The carpet was torn in many places to such an extent a person could easily have tripped. The glass desk had a large and visible chip.
This room was EXPENSIVE and should not have been rented out to paying customers in such a poor state. These defects could have been replaced before it was rented out again as they were both unsatisfactory and unsafe. .
I pointed this out when we checked out, and all they could say is you should have told me last night (we arrived very late with kids for an early morning flight, not really convenient).
I followed up with a email containing many pictures to the manager and the only thing they could say was contact us next time and we may upgrade you.
NOT acceptable for an expensive room in such poor and Dangerous conditions. Fix the room to an acceptable state if you want to charge a high price.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear ChristopherHK,

Thank you for staying at the PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport and for taking the time to provide us with some feedback.

I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. I have investigated the matter & the mentioned room type personally & I assure you that this has been followed up promptly by our maintenance team.

I appreciate that you have always chosen to stay with us prior to your travels & would definitely honour your continued loyalty. Kindly email our Front office Manager Kaye at kaye.cheung@parkroyalhotels.com when you plan on staying next & she will organise a special discounted rate with the promised complimentary upgrade to the next room category.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I stopped by the Parkroyal Melbourne Airport restaurant for dinner with friends before heading off on an international flight. We were attended by a fantastic staff member Renny who was polite, friendly and professional. Thanks again Renny for your great customer service.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear LTorp23

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your dining experience at the PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport.

I was pleased to note that overall you enjoyed your time at AIRO Restaurant and the helpful service provided by Renny. I have passed on your appreciation to Renny and it definitely made her day!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Booked a room here while I was in Melbourne for my fathers passing and funeral. We had booked a room overnight on our way out of Melbourne returning to Perth.
Obviously as you can imagine it was stressful times and our stay had to be altered due to funeral changes etc etc.
I rang and spoke to the Hotel to try and get a refund in these circumstances. I was told that this was not possible and the best they could do was offer a credit to only be used in the Melbourne based Park Royal in the next month. (Not much good to me as we live in Perth)
I realise that there are terms and conditions with all bookings but as a General Manager myself common sense should over ride certain rules and regulations. On principle I would never stay here again. Very dissapointed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brent2929
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
0.3 km away
3.1 km away
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
3.3 km away
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!