1,216 results
All reviewstreaty groundsshuttle busbuffet dinnerpool areasea viewbeautiful locationbit datedtennis courtsthe ground floorbaypaihiadeckwaterfront
Reviewed 4 June 2018

If planning late check out ensure you triple confirm it. Spacious room and comfortable bed. Good location for Waitangi. Parking was quite challenging with a decent walk to room in pouring rain...if possible drop passengers and bags off before parking.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Great deals to be had on this hotel makes it an ideal spot to go for a girls weekend away. Super comfy beds! Staff are always lovely and willing to help. Buffet breakfasts are great. Dinners could be made a bit more flavourful. Bathrooms could probably do with an update, but you don't go to boi to spend all your time in the room anyway. Great happy hour at hotel before 6pm too. Thanks for another great stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Matthew_Hambly, Manager at Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Good Afternoon. Thank you for providing feedback about your stay with us. I shall pass on the specific points mentioned in your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the future. Warm Regards, Matthew Hambly, Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I had never stayed here before ( normally stay at another hotel in town ). The room that was given to me was great. Facing the water and the bed was comfortable. On my last night I heard what I thought was a washing machine going and it was the aircon in a room close to mind or maybe the buildings air con. I called reception and ask them to see if they could do something about it. 10mins All sorted. Breakfast is one of the best hotel buffet breakfast I have had as well.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Good Afternoon. Thank you for providing feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the future. Warm Regards, Matthew Hambly, Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We stayed here for four nights recently in sea view rooms. The hotel is set on the shore of the Bay Of Islands adjacent to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds among spacious lawns and gardens. It is a very attractive setting and the hotel has a nice pool and spa area enfolded by the arms of the hotel and facing the shore.

The hotel is well placed for people visiting Paihia, Kerikeri, Russell and surrounding areas. The rooms are nice if a little old fashioned. The bathrooms could do with a refresh but other than that they were well appointed and a good size. The hotel bar and dining area are a good size. The food however is not the best and we went elsewhere for lunch and dinner with the buffet breakfast being somewhat underwhelming.

The hotel has a shuttle bus to Piahia which makes accessing the restaurants, the ferry to Russell and cruises easy. We found staff helpful and friendly.

I would stay here again happily and would recommend it to others. If the rooms were modernised a touch and the food improved it would be a stand out hotel in the area.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Matthew_Hambly, Manager at Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Good Afternoon. Thank you for providing feedback about your stay with us. I shall pass on the specific points mentioned in your review. I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the future. Warm Regards, Matthew Hambly, Rooms Division Manager.