“Good comfort food”

Anthony's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 53 Restaurants in Purcellville
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Reviewed 17 May 2018

The sauces and flavors are right on, our server was friendly, and the whole thing felt family. It’s not cutting edge cuisine, but a large selection of Italian staples. our table of 10 arrived without a reservation, was happily accommodated, and left 90 minutes later happy and full.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Excellent Staff tailoring meals to customer's desires and serving all in super European atmosphere. Servers very knowledgeable on many different meals and, in turn, able to provide very good advice to first time and returning customers. Eggplant parm, greek salad, bruschetta and Italian pasta with bolognese

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Quaint little Italian diner (FYI, the location was a small used car dealership at one time, just some local trivia).
It is a favorite with quite a few people, and it can get crowded, even on weeknights. I recommend arriving early for supper, if you want to be sure you get a table, particularly if you do not want to sit outside (the patio is plastic-covered in the winter, but we think it is a bit warm, with the outside heaters on).
It's a come-as-you-are type of diner, family run, with good service. The prices are quite reasonable, and the service is usually pretty fast. Carry out is available, and we have ordered that way, with the calzones being our favorite for carry out. Our usual calzones are cheese, veggie, barbecue, or steak and cheese, although I've ordered the spinach calzone.
The pizzas are good and come in smaller and larger sizes. Hubby's favorite is the white pizza; I usually order one of the vegetarian options (Greek, vegetable, or eggplant). There are predetermined ingredients, or the patron can select his/her choice from a fairly standard list of ingredients.
The menu is long, with something for just about everyone. I would note that the "house" salad is small and limited, just FYI; I suggest the Caesar, or the Mediterranean or Greek salads.
It is difficult to choose favorite dishes, as we've enjoyed the majority of what's served, I suspect. When we order appetizers, I like the fried zucchini, or the rice croquettes. It is easy to make a meal out of the Mediterranean sampler (and I've done so, although I sub out the falafel). The same can be said for the eggplant Napoleon. I don't believe we've ever ordered the chicken wings (just so many other choices).
The chicken Marsala is good, as is the chicken parmigiano (although I prefer the eggplant parmigiano). I like the lamb.
There is a list of lunch specials, usually, including hot sandwiches. I believe cold subs are available, but we've never ordered them.
If you want a cheeseburger, yes, they serve one, and a french dip, and a cheese steak sandwich.
The raviolis are fine (I sometimes order seafood ravioli, but the meat and cheese are good, too). Sauces are good (white or red, with or without meat), meatballs are good. Of course there is spaghetti, and linguini. Kabobs are good, I usually order the combo, and take any leftovers home to a then-happy pet). Souvlaki, gyro, shawarma...It's really difficult to go wrong here. If I had to pick my least favorites, and you might love them, they would be the piccatas and carbonaras.
Yes, there is a wine list, and beer is available. I usually just go with a Chianti when I order wine.Otherwise, it's iced tea or a soft drink.
Dessert? Wait...you think you'll have room for dessert?

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018

Basic Italian and Greek menu. Reasonably priced you can get a sandwich with fries or Pasta Pescatore they even serve Paella. I have had them all and every time have been satisfied. Staff is always friendly and courteous.

They do get packed but still managed to turn over tables. We order their pizza and wings for pick up. Pizza has a thick crust and wings are tasty and crisp. definitely one of the best in wings in the area.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 24 December 2017

We enjoy talking to the owner and staff. The food is good and reasonably priced for a nice casual place.

Date of visit: December 2017