“Okay”

Smoking Willy
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Purcellville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I had picked up a brochure for the restaurant when I went to Doukenie Winery and have been meaning to go there. So I based a trip to the area on the intent of having lunch here. I called in my to-go order without issue and it was ready when I arrived. I got the full smoked turkey platter with garlic mashed potatoes and pinto beans. When I got home, I was sad to discover that they had given me no cornbread. The potatoes were very heavy and the beans were a touch bland. The smoked turkey was perfectly and the sweet BBQ was much better that the tangy sauce. I think they need to work a little on their sides.

smokinwillyservice, Public Relations Manager at Smoking Willy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thanks for the visit! I am sorry to hear you were not given cornbread. That definitely won't happen again. We recently hired new managers and have found that customer satisfaction has greatly improved. We have also renovated, installed a custom built full service bar, and expanded since your review. We hope you will come check it out!

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Pulled pork and brisket tacos are juicy and tender. The shell is packed to the rim. Flavorful potato salad.

Thanks for the great review and for the visit. We hope you will come check out the newly improved and renovated Smokin Willy Restaurant!

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

I had the pulled pork and it was excellent, tender, moist and cooked perfectly. The sauces were average to above average. Cole slaw had no flavor except for the cabbage, I suppose. The lunch came with yesterday's corn bread, at least put it under a heat lamp, it was cold soggy. Service was.......it was just my server, other tables got better service. I give it a 4 because the pulled pork is legit. The rest could just be a bad day.

James, glad you enjoyed your first visit! I am sorry you didn't enjoy the corn bread. Definitely a bad day! We've also remodeled and expanded. We hope you will come check it out, I know you will definitely have a better experience!

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Had mixed grill w/shrimp, side salad.
Very well prepared, ample portions and reasonably priced. Waitress was Olivia- very attentive and very pleasant. Only negative was that it got a little noisy because of the crowds but that is actually a good thing for the owners. Will definitely return.

Thanks for the great review! Olivia is one of our best! Glad you were satisfied with her attentiveness and service. Hope you come check out the renovation!

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

A bit disappointed. Went there for lunch. Very few people were there. Atmosphere was a bit on the somber side. Had pulled brisket sandwich. Portion was not overwhelming and a bit on dry side. Cole slaw did not taste fresh. When ever this happens I always wonder if the lack of a crowd or turnover causes the foods to stand to long. Waitress was friendly, but seemed bored due to the lack of tables to serve. Maybe there is more of a dinner crowd and lunch just isn't their niche. I hope do for their sake, as i think Purcellville needs good family restaurants.

Sam,

We pride ourselves on our portions and consistently get reviews that people believe our portions to be large and competitive with other local BBQ joints. We are happily a Purcellville Family restaurant. In addition since your last review we have remodeled, expanded, installed a full service bar, and had a grand reopening. We hope you will come have a great experience with us and check it out and update this review! :)