“Cozy spot, great food, and wonderful wine list!”
Review of WK Hearth

WK Hearth
Reserve with OpenTable
WK Hearth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 46 Restaurants in Purcellville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The WK Hearth is an Italian style restaurant that offers country hospitality in our centuries old farmhouse. We are dedicated to using local, seasonal ingredients to create an Italian inspired menu.
Reviewed 14 March 2017

A great little spot for date night!

My husband and I come here often to enjoy a glass or two of fine wine with their fantastic farm-to-fork menu options. I highly recommend their sparkling flight (I love bubbles!) and always like to see what local wine offerings they have on hand.

If you are looking for a local spot to add to your list, WK Hearth is it. We will be back soon! (And if you are lucky to visit when Cara is working, she's a delight!)

2  Thank GoldenGirl36

Reviewed 21 February 2017

I waffled between giving a 3 or 4.

Food quality: 4 to 4.5. Service: 3. Ambiance 2. Value: 2. So averaging it all out, and the fact the food was much better than expected, they get a "Purcellville" 4. If there were more quality eateries in town, I'd have given them a 3.

We sat upstairs. The seating is a bit cramped, but much better than the bar area on the first floor. The 2nd floor also has a small separate room for private events.

The ambiance and decor are eclectic enough to defy categorization. Early American farm house meets the Re-Store?

Wait staff was friendly, but a bit less attentive than they should be. I have no complaints about the quality or preparation of the food; my only negative about the food is the of the price. It is a bit much for what it is. They have a good selection of wines at varying price points, which one would hope for at a "wine" kitchen!

Reviewed 23 January 2017

As non of us (4) had been to the WK in Purcellville we decided to give it a try on a Saturday night. It wasn't overly busy upon arrival and our table was waiting for us. I was warned "eat lots of bread" by some people I had asked their opinion on, I can see why! I ordered the Pastrami Style Short Rib which was very tasty. My husband had the special - Clams Carbonara which was a bit dry but he didn't complain. Our friends ordered the Filet and Scallop dish. Both had to be sent back for under cooking. The scallop plate was tiny maybe 3-4 scallops on the plate and a smear of whatever vegetable came with it. No doubt she was still hungry even for a women's appetite. We did order dessert both parties chose the Whiskey Apple Beigne. Unfortunately they were drenched in oil (pools on the plate) though the idea was great. Overall, can't say l wasn't impressed. With all the fabulous restaurants within a short distance this one doesn't chalk up to be a 2nd visit.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

This offshoot of the Wine Kitchen in Leesburg has always been a strange place for me.
Hard surfaces, wide open spaces (small) and ever changing help. But in the beginning at least the food was good and priced reasonably
Now the very small servings are priced on par with the best places in DC Our halibut was a 3 oz serving of nice fish on a bed of a mismatch without any flavor. The scallops were run in the mill (not dry scallops) sea scallops and again the same bed of grains. The Fagato ice cream with a espresso coffee was gone in One bite, at $8 quite a moneymaker. If you want to go hurry up on a weekday night I counted 5 customers between 18.00 and 21.30 h

Reviewed 12 November 2016

When it opened, I was curious about what the owners of the Wine Kitchen in Leesburg would do for a new restaurant in a more rural setting. The result was a very different, but no less interesting restaurant.

While the Leesburg spot is small and cozy, this location is much bigger and has seating outside on the wrap-around porch. We prefer to sit outside when possible, although the dining room on the second story is nice and out of the way.

The food is all cooked on an open hearth, hence the WK Hearth name... The food is always good, but I do wish they would change it up more often. We really like the fact that they use many local ingredients. The plates are small, so we usually get several and try different things. The charcuterie is my favorite, especially when they use locally sourced meats and some cheeses.

The wine selection is, in my opinion, better than the Leesburg location, extensive and diverse, but still smaller than the Fredrick location. The last time we ate there, I had an fantastic Sangiovese and nice Pinot Noir as part of a flight. I would suggest trying a flight or two and decide what to have with your meal.

Try it for brunch or a romantic dinner.