“Great food, crowded”

Big Bowl Chinese and Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Bowl Chinese and Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 156 Restaurants in Reston
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: The Reston Town Center.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went to this restaurant with my family. Very family friendly. Also very crowded on weekends. You may have to reserve one day before if you have guests or you may not get a table. I loved kung pao chicken best it has a nice hot peanutty taste if you are a fan of peanuts you will love it. Try sushi rolls for appetizer. They offer to make your customized dish with various choices the only bad thing is you will smell like Chinese food after leaving this restaurant.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Big Bowl is one of my GO TO restaurants! The service is fast and friendly and the food is excellent. I first visited Big Bowl in August 2017 and loved everything about it! We now go to Big Bowl once every week and ask to be seated with Milton! All of the staff are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable however Milton is pretty amazing and can recommend features based on what he knows we like!

The food is always so great! A few of my favorites are the panang curry chicken, vegetable pot stickers, and teriyaki shrimp fried rice. Our food always arrives hot and with special attention to our dietary wishes.

It was cold and rainy today so we tried the Hot and Sour Soup...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I ended up ordering a bowl to go!

Great Place!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I ordered delivery to my hotel and not only did it arrive 15 minutes early, but it was still piping hot! I wish I had known the portion would be so large! I missed lunch - so I ordered the edamame and a Tofu Green Curry - it couldn't finish the curry let alone have a single edamame pod. I guess it's edamame for breakfast. If you like it hot, the green curry should do the trick -the involuntary tears were streaming. Delicious.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Being a pure vegetarian, we had ordered 2 Chinese and 2 Thai dishes. The food was very tasty and enough portion. Good ambience. Service okay.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I've dined here twice in the past month and both times was delighted by the service and the quality of the food. This is a Lettuce Entertainment chain that isn't as bad as many chains. The kids now running the company (offspring of the father who started it all) appear to have their act together and it shows. The only area for improvement is the staffing of the front desk. These people are sloooooow to respond to guests, too busy talking between employees to notice customers and they're dressed like they came out of a refugee camp.

Other than the poor behavior of the front desk help and the their personal aesthetics, the food, which is what I came for was great. Nice choice of being able to dine inside in the midst of the pulsing throng, or at or near the bar, or outdoors. I tried two out of three and was delighted. Keep up the fine meals guys.... and get the look and attention of the front desk staff together and you'll have an excellent eatery.