“Unnoteworthy Thai”

Big Bowl Chinese and Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Bowl Chinese and Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 167 Restaurants in Reston
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: The Reston Town Center.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Business lunch here with one colleague. We ordered two different Thai dishes from the menu. I order Panang as a benchmark my first time in any Thai restaurant. My Panang showed up in reasonable time, but the flavor set was not like any Panang I have ever had, and I've had Panang at dozens of places from Pattaya Beach to Oslo. Not bad as a red curry, but it was not Panang.

My associate received a meal that he did not order, and then the server and the maitre de told him he was wrong. If nothing else, the white rice instead of the brown he ordered should have been obvious. The restaurant eventually took his away and brought him another plate that was at least closer to what he ordered.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Eat here during a recent stay. Sat at the bar but got the same menu as the dining area. The bar staff were friendly and helpful with the menu choices.
The food was fabulous and the portions of a good size ( too much for me). The spice level can be adjusted up or down to suit your tastes.
Could have eaten here multiple nights and not got bored.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Always go to Big Bowl when in Reston. The service is great and many delicious choices. I like to create my own and go to the vegetable bar with many choices of fresh and delicious vegetables. The atmosphere is great and service is good!

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I’m going to start with good points as there are many. It has to be said the food was very good, very tasty and the restaurant was clean, well organised and very nice. You could choose to have a table or sit at the bar. My server was a gentleman, kind polite well mannered. I’ll now move on to the male seating host who was supposed to greet you and escort you to your table. I’m going to give a date and time hoping the restaurant will deal with him accordingly. It was Friday the 9th February around 12-45 pm lunchtime. Frankly this person isn’t really suitable to be customer facing. He was snooty, was looking me up and down with a disdainful look, although I was an inconvenience or a bad smell under his nose !!! It’s the only bad point of the restaurant and left me feeling a touch uncomfortable.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

I believe they should rename this dish to 'Mongolian mushrooms'
Having a grand total of 3 tiny pieces of beef in the whole dish was a complete disappointment.