“Someplace that pleases everyone in our family”
Review of Silver Diner

Silver Diner
Ranked #7 of 171 Restaurants in Reston
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This is our go-to restaurant when we want to be sure everyone in the family will be happy. There's mom here who wants free-range, organic food, one son who always wants pancakes and bacon, etc. You probably get the picture. I'm happy that we have a place so close that pleases us all. The noise level can get high during busy times, but it's still a favorite of ours.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I used to come here when I was a kid. The food has gone down and so has the service. I will still give them this, they make a great shake but everything else has gone down hill. Food is junky!

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

So I let my family have input on my trip advisor reviews. My husband and teenagers went with four stars...I would have gone five. The difference could be that they went with traditional breakfast faves while I tried a Silver Diner speciality item.

I had the roasted vegetable huevos rancheros and it was EXCELLENT! It was great to find a healthy option on the menu where I didn’t feel deprived. Too often I have to eat so bland for breakfast to be healthy I’ve come to not liking to go out. It came with large whole wheat fried tortillas that I skipped to keep my calories down...but I did break off a piece to sample and they were yummy! The salsa rojas was a great addition to the plate and added just enough heat with the incredible flavor.

My husband had the chicken fried steak and said the gravy was some of the best gravy he has had out. I asked why not 5 stars then and he said because he prefers shredded hash browns over home fries (picky picky lol)

My kids had more traditional American breakfasts and said everything was very good.

We only have 4 days left of vacation in the area and may very well go back as the food was very good and there are other specialty items I would really like to try.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I always eat here with my daughter and her family every time I am back here visiting...Large menu so lots of options to meet everyone's different taste.Food has always been good....

Reviewed 5 July 2018

I ate here in June 2018 with my sister and brother in law for breakfast. It was a Saturday morning, and parking was a little tight, but not impossible. The menu is extensive, with lots of great and fresh options. I ordered the blueberry pancakes, which were quite good, and others in the party ordered other dishes, and there were no complaints. The place was crowded at the time of our visit, and there were lots of children, so this place is entirely appropriate for kids. The service was attentive, and I would come back again.