“Good meal at a good value”

la Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #19 of 155 Restaurants in Reston
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 February 2017

I recently stopped here based on my wife's recommendation when I was out in the Reston area by myself. I tried the French onion soup, the Croque Monsieur, and the Strawberries Romanoff. All were very good. This place is an order at the counter (you get some of the meal immediately) and someone brings the entree to you. I was able to get my whole meal and a glass of wine for $20, so I thought this was a great value given the location.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

This is a good to place to meet up with a friend or two for a cup of coffee or a quick bite/ I like the selection although I often buy the same items. It is quiet so we can have a normal conversation. Price are reasonable. The behind the counter staff are helpful. Only once was there a problem....a first day worker.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I love this place for breakfast! They offer fresh lemonade, fresh orange juice and great sandwiches for a reasonable price. You can read or enjoy a conversation because the environment is very friendly, tolerable noise.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

A shame, typically Le Mad locations are excellent for breakfast or lunch. I recently called in an order and went there to pick it up. They didn't have record of my order so I asked to speak to the manager. Meanwhile... a rat ran from the kitchen doorr by the bakery counter through the dining room. I left...

They are doing construction on the apt bldg across the street so i have seen several mice at RTC, however have only seen one rat. This one. Will never return to this location.

1  Thank Steve O
Reviewed 27 January 2017

I loved this place! First the décor - classy exposed brick, two sided fireplace, eating areas broken up into different size rooms and tables. Very welcoming.

The staff were very helpful. We got there at busy lunchtime and they had one person walking down the short line taking orders to speed things up.

The menu is very large. Wish I'd looked at everything but I made a beeline for their sandwiches with two side dishes. The Caesar sandwich was baked in the oven so it was hot and the French loaf was crisp. Great! Their French onion soup had the best broth I've ever eaten.

Don't look at the bakery case if you're on a diet. Really.

My friend and I stayed for a long time, drank a lot of iced tea refills and never felt pressured to speed things up. I am putting this place into our regular rotation.