“Was in the mood for some of this type of food. Had never been in this place. So I stopped by for a quick lunch. ”
Review of Dragon China

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dragon China
Ranked #335 of 519 Restaurants in Roanoke
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

It was really nothing special. The food was hot and served up quick. I always get much better at Aisa 2 just up the road. As I said it was nothing special.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Decent food, good prices, AWFUL customer service. The man, especially is extremely rude and this outweighs the positives. Today was the last straw, and I will not be going back.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Food is pretty good, my son eats here very often he loves it. I think the old man that runs the place is very rude.

1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I seriously do not understand the bad reviews this place has on other review sites. I am pretty darn fussy. This place is basically your basic carry-out Chinese food place. While they do have tables you can sit at, they are more there for your convenience than for being an eat-in restaurant. The place is cleaner than most carry-out Chinese restaurants that I have been to including the many, many I have been to in my travels. The walls are not filthy as some other reviewer commented. The wall's frameless poster pictures are a tad dated and yellowed as are the typical lit-up pictures of the food you can order, but not filthy as one reviewer implied. The tables and chairs were clean as was the floor. We actually ate at them. Our food was served fast and was very good. The meat was fresh, the veggies very fresh and crisp and the sauce, a flavorful-based chicken sauce, not a thick pasty non-flavorful sauce corn starch ladened sauce served at other Chinese carryout restaurants. This place has a steady stream of customers. Always has (is in same strip mall as the Kroger I shop at and not far from my house). This was not my first time at this place, but it had been awhile. We were so pleased with our food (Moo Goo Gai Pan and Chix Chow Mein) that we intend to visit more often. If you want a "nicer" Chinese restaurant this place is not for you, but if you want a decent carry-out place that is very reasonably priced with the typical carry-out menu and decent (but not superb) food, give this place a try.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

I really like the food from Dragon China. It is near my office, so I call in my order (or stop in to place my order, then go pick up a few items at the adjoining Kroger) and it us usually ready in less than 10 minutes. Lunch usually costs me less than $7 dollars, and includes soup or an eggroll and a can of soda or bottle of water. Warning, I can recommend this as a take-out restaurant only. The atmosphere is pretty bad. When you walk in the door, there are 10 or so low-rent tables along the walls with low-rent chairs. The main feature is a counter with a big picture menu above it at which you order. The bathroom is (real) dirty and it doesn't appear that there is any air conditioning in the restaurant (or if there is, they don't use it). All that said, the employees are friendly, and every food item I've ever ordered has been hot and delicious.