“Fresh fare, inexpensive ”
Review of China Taste

China Taste
Ranked #137 of 497 Restaurants in Roanoke
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived around 9 PM after traveling many hours in the car. This place is a takeout establishment with several tables for eating in. It was clean and the owner was pleasant We ordered pineapple chicken fried rice, egg rolls, chicken wings and steamed dumplings. Everything seemed fresh and not at all greasy. I would rate it above average for takeout fare.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Had my doubts due to location but outstanding reviews made me try this place. Outside of NYC this is the best I have ever had. And I myself was a gourmet Chinese cook in my younger years. I was taught by Chinese chefs. We ordered at counter to dine in. Served on real dinnerware with real silverware. Very clean restaurant and not a lot of "stuff" all over. Clean booths and tables. Lots of ppl with orders to go and several dine-ins. Extremely generous portions. Presentation of food is important to the owners. I ordered shrimp egg foo young. They were gigantic....3 of them. And crispy on the outside! Plenty of fried rice served in a soup bowl. I liked that they served the sauce in a separate bowl so I could control the amount and not have the dish overwhelmed with soy-tasting sauce. Nice size shrimp, not those rinky-dink ones. My friend had chicken chow mein. Generous amounts of white chicken; not overloaded with cabbage like most places. And not swimming in white sauce....just enough. Huge bowl of white rice. Also had bowl of egg drop soup served with bowl of sectioned deep-fried wonton wrappers. All of this for less than $16, including tax. Definitely this will be our Chinese (they have some Thai) restaurant going forward. Worth the 1/2 hr drive. At first blush it might seem their prices are a tad higher than other places but the amount of food, its freshness and the quality of their ingredients and preparation verses the others, makes it actually a better value.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Service at China Taste is superb. The food is presented well and always tasty. I highly recommend the General Tso's Chicken.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

My family have been ordering from here since they opened. They are fast ,friendly and the food is always great.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

They have the best Chinese food hands down! The honey chicken is amazing! Prices are cheap too! We also love the fried potatoes with onions and peppers.