“Good for hookah and a drink. Thats about it”

Shishka Mediterranean Grill and Hookah Bar
Ranked #295 of 492 Restaurants in Roanoke
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

A good hang out spot for a hookah and a drink. Ordered the vegetarian sampler the hummus wasn't even close to hummus. The tzaki was just a thick blob of yogurt. Falafel was bland and dry. So reordered a slice of pizza which had barely no sauce and huge chunks of raw peppers thrown on top that fell off. I'll come back for a hookah but I'll make sure I eat before hand.

1  Thank gutairmusic

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We were looking for Italian food near our hotel, and this restaurant was listed by Trip Advisor under Italian, which was really a misnomer. Their menu did have a few Italian items, but this was more of a bar than a real restaurant. It kind of went like this:
My husband: I'll have the veal parmesan.
Waitress: We don't carry veal parmesan any more. We haven't changed the menu yet.
Husband: Do you still carry chicken parmesan?
Waitress: Oh, yes.
Husband: I'll have that.
[5 minutes later]
Waitress: I'm sorry; we don't have any chicken to make chicken parmesan.
Me (to husband): Do you want to go somewhere else?
Husband: No, that's OK.
Waitress: So what can I get you instead?
Husband: I'll need to see the menu.
Waitress: Oh. Sorry. (Hands menu to him)
Husband (after a short perusal, still hoping for Italian): I'll have the calzone.
[10 minutes later]
Cook (we figure the waitress made the cook come out): We don't have any ham to make the calzone. Would pepperoni be OK?
Husband: Sure.
Of course, that meant waiting for another 15-20 minutes for our food to be prepared, so we were pretty hungry by the time it arrived. Sadly, the food itself wasn't very good. I had a falafel wrap that didn't taste much better than cardboard, and my husband's calzone was really just flat bread grilled with pepperoni and mozarella. We didn't order anything alcoholic -- maybe it's a better bar than it is a restaurant.

1  Thank Denise_Atlanta
Reviewed 3 October 2016

The food (when it finally arrived) was to a certain extent OK. But the service doesn't even deserve to be called so. The waiter should stick to his hookah and close down the restaurant section. He completely forgot our starters, was out of sight 95% of the time and could not be bothered about our complaints.

1  Thank Finn Spurre P
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Great ambience, good food, hip and diverse crowd, lucky to have good live music on Saturday night. Also back and relaxed.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

The falafel wrap was quite good and we saw some giant pizza slices with generous mozzarella topping that appeared tasty to an italian eye too. The rest room was quite dirty.