“Huge menu, but still good”
Review of Taste of Asia

Taste of Asia
Ranked #101 of 544 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed 9 February 2015

They say if you have too big a menu, you can't present any one item well. A Taste has a big menu and three different styles: Thai, Japanese and Chinese. We had the General Tso' chicken and it was super good. First time I've seen it served without some breading on the chicken. the sauce was very tasty. Use caution with the heat: we asked for mild, no jalapenos and it was on the verge of being too hot for our wimpy palates. the chicken satay appetizer was very good: tender chicken with a thick and peanutty sauce.

Reviewed 30 January 2015

My wife and I wanted to try something new, so we went here on a coworker's recommendation.

The place itself was nice. It had a lively atmosphere without being loud, and they're doing a lot with what isn't a huge space. Service was very good and surprisingly quick despite what I had read in some reviews. It may have been because we were there on a Thursday evening, but the place was still close to full when we went in.

The menu is huge. Our food was delicious, and the price was reasonable for everything that we got. We're looking forward to going back, as there were a lot of things on the menu that sounded delicious.

1  Thank Race R
Reviewed 21 January 2015

The food taste and presentation is wonderful. The service is very friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back for more. Well worth going to.

Reviewed 13 January 2015

The menu here is HUGE. Lots to choose from. Chinese, Thai and Japanese. I went for lunch so I focused on the lunch specials. Plenty to choose from and not your standard luncheon specials. Food was fresh and just the right amount so you won't leave hungary or too full. Served on nice plates with care taken to make it eye appealing. Service was above average. Server was attentive but not pesty. Kept our tea pot full and water glasses full. It was my birthday and they provided green tea ice cream (a good size portion) as a treat. Thank you Taste of Asia.

Reviewed 11 January 2015

Tried this place even though the other reviews weren't great. This is a new place so there are always some growing pains. We had a good experience. The service was good.

We started with a Thai steamed dumpling. My husband liked it, but I thought the filling was lacking in flavor. Overall it wasn't bad though.

The hubs had the pepper beef. It came with jasmine rice and was quite spicy. He says "it was awesome" but I gave him the you-always-say-that look so he says "no, really, it was great. And it was hot"

I had the Thai ka pow fried rice. It was tasty and spicy. I chose to add shrimp, but there weren't very many shrimp. The portion overall was huge.

I would still give this place a try. There was much work done inside and it looks great. They haven't been open long, so I'll give them another chance and I hope you do the same.

The downfall? The menu is too large and very overwhelming. They have it set up in three completely separate and different menus: Thai, Japanese and Chinese.

Been to Taste of Asia? Share your experiences!