“Pasta Pizza lunch!”
Review of Fortunato

Fortunato
Reserve with OpenTable
Fortunato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 519 Restaurants in Roanoke
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Fortunato is an Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria located in Downtown Roanoke, VA. We serve house made pasta dishes, Neapolitan Style Pizza, as well as craft cocktails, wine and beer. Reservations are available via OPENTABLe or by phone. Please join us for a fun evening.
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Only open for lunch on Fridays, totally worth it.
Couldn't decide between the pasta or the pizza. So I got both and split it with friends. The meatball pizza was so different and just plain good. You can tell the quality of the ingredients is important to them.
The pasta... I am always sad when it's gone. Had the bolognese sauce with beef cheek. Don't be scared. It was a perfect blend of meat and a great flavor depth, had to come from wine. Inspired me to try and make my own.

1  Thank Tammy B

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Located in downtown. Convenient parking across the street. Whether in a group or date night, great ambiance. The staff is very attentive and knowledgeable. Our table had our reservation on a frame surrounded by corks. It was really cool! Our server provided us with great suggestions throughout the evening. While waiting for your starters, I recommend asking your server or bartender for cocktail suggestions as they really do a great job making pretty much any drink you are in the mood for! Our pizza was flavorful, not to crunchy, just right. Impressed with their starters, the Lamb Meatballs and Octopus (over potatoes). If you are foodie like me looking for that DC/NY/Chicago style of atmosphere and cuisine, try this place! It won't disappoint.

3  Thank Esteban M
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

My wife and I love Roanoke but it is not for its culinary scene. There aren't many consistently good restaurants in Roanoke so I'm grading Fortunato on the Roanoke scale. In a more competitive restaurant city, Fortunato would be average. Cool decor and ambience. The food was all good but almost seems like it had been pre-prepared and heated up. Everything came out quickly. The beef carpaccio and marinated olives appetizers were good. My wife's pork ragout was solid and my sirloin was very good as well. I would definitely recommend Fortunato to anyone visiting Roanoke

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Fortunato is in the market area of downtown. Service was excellent. Food is ala carte and very pricey. We spent $70 per head before we were through. We were pleasantly full but not stuffed. Our party of five shared 3 appetizers: a margarita pizza, lamb meatballs, and beef carpaccio. These were all very good. The meatballs were infused with raisins, cinnamon and pine nuts, The capaccio had a tasty minced garlic sauce. For our entrees, four of us got pasta dishes from the first course menu. These were interesting combinations of ingredients, but nothing spectacular. small servings, you wouldn't want these as your main course unless you had some appetizers also. One of us got a beef brisket and cheesy risotto from the entree menu. This was good. Wine was good, but most selections are very expensive. We chose two bottles from the cheaper selections at $36 and $45 per bottle. Shared some cannoli for desert, also good. A nice experience overall, but will only visit here once a year at most. There are better places to eat for less money.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

we went down to the bar for evening cocktails. What a great experience. Stayed a few hours and even had bar food. The place reminds us of a much larger city, like New York. The craft drinks were out of this world.

Been to Fortunato? Share your experiences!