“Easter dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came into the area to visit my wife over the Easter holidays. Not knowing the area I went on Trip Advisor to find a restaurant to make reservations for Easter dinner. I knew my wife would want seafood and this place sounded interesting. It is a local hang out that has been around since WWII. We had crab mushrooms, she had Rappahannock crab and I had the steak and crab. All were very good. Fresh and not over cooked. They have a small sale bar and every meal comes with bread & butter, backed potato and broccoli casserole. We went after church and noticed many of the people followed us to the restaurant. I'm glad we found this place. Like the locals say " this is the best seafood around".

1  Thank Tim R

Reviewed 15 March 2018

There are quite a few restaurants in the area serving better meals. Probably won't go back. Meal was bland.

On the more positive side the staff was excellent.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We went with another couple to celebrate our anniversaries. We had a lovely evening. This restaurant has a causal atmosphere, but you can count on two nice dinners with a glass of wine each costing around a hundred dollars. I had prime rib, which was tasty. I loved the horseradish sauce, best I’ve ever eaten. My husband had a shrimp, scallop, and crab combo. It was small, but tasty. He really enjoyed it. They have an old fashioned small salad bar and the lettuce was crisp and fresh and the dressings tasted homemade. Our friends got seafood and loved it. We shared a warm chocolate molten cake with ice cream and it was just right for the 4 of us to have 3 or 4 bites. We will definitely be going back!!!

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

There aren’t many good restaurants in Stafford, but we’ve gone here a few times in 24years. It’s always catered to an older stuffier crowd, but the drive is right and the food has been excellent so we were satisfied. Last year we went on New Years Eve, and had a fabulous cut of prime rib.
We were joined this year by our daughter and her husband. I called ahead and made 6:30 reservations. We weren’t seated until 7:00, and we were disappointed.
The prime rib was sold out, to which our server exclaimed, “sorry we opened at 4:00, and it’s past 6:30.” Really?! It’s advertised for Friday and Saturday nights, we missed the 6:30 cut off. My dining partner opted for the Delmonico, and was beautifully done, however the wrong wine was brought out, the crab soup was chowder, my lobster tough and chewy.
We hadn’t been back for years prior to last New Years because of the awkward hostess, talking to the point of discomfort. We were spared that last year and this as I was simply unrecognized, but it’s going to be a long while before we return.

1  Thank jooks56
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I was so excited to finally be bale to go to the Log Cabin after al my friends hyped about it so much. It was just ok. I have had better steak elsewhere. The seafood was ok. I was disappointed to find out they only serve shrimp with seasoning on it. So how is this fresh? Don't waste your time or money on this place.

3  Thank Stephanie A

Been to Log Cabin? Share your experiences!