“Family fun”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We went on Saturday to avoid the Mothers Day crowds. We had a reservation and were taken right to our table. This was the first time we had taken our 4 year old son to a place like this. He said it was the best restaurant ever. Possibly tied with Chick Fil'a but he loved it. He had the best shrimp ever by the best chef ever. He loved the show and the fire. He has been talking about the volcano onion "train" for weeks. He also has been asking to go back several times a week. Great place to go for a fun family meal. It is pricey but it is worth it for a special family meal.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We only visit Stafford every couple of years, but Kobe is always on our must eat list. Teppanyaki is great (some the best I have had outside of Japan) and entertaining. The sushi here is pretty good too.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We had a party of 15 people for a birthday/mother's day celebration and easily spent $900 in two hours. On our way out, the manager made inappropriate, vulgar comments to our group. It appears that she had a FB beef with one of the party members a few days prior. Manager made comments about the age of the party members and derogatory comments about Asians.

Call to the owner of the restaurant who said he would phone back, but didn't. Left him several messages but he didn't return calls so it appears he condones this behavior.

1  Thank Joan L
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I went to Kobe April 2017 for dinner with a friend. He ordered the ribeye steak and I ordered the filet mignon. Entrees include soup and salad. The fried rice was mostly rice with soy sauce - hardly any vegetables or egg in it. Our chef was not very engaging or entertaining - his cooking tricks were minimal and he didn't flip a tiny piece of steak into our mouths like I've seen done at other steak houses. My filet mignon was good but my friend said his steak did not taste like ribeye. One thing that was gross was when I wanted to put some pepper on my salad - the pepper shaker was completely sticky on all sides. They need to wipe the salt and pepper shakers down daily or at least weekly. It was disgusting to touch that sticky thing. Otherwise, this is one of the better restaurants in Stafford; however it's slim pickings for good places to eat in Stafford.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We went here for lunch and we're stuck at a table that was clearly a group event so it felt pretty awkward. The portions were pretty small compared to other Japanese steak houses I've been too. The kicker was instead of the normal veggies... they serve canned carrots... that was it for me I would never go back.