Hotwire.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Run Run Run!!! Do not book a room here! These people are crooks! What is advertised is not what you get. It's not a bed and breakfast as you don't get breakfast. the website states you get to pick a continental breakfast or a home cooked meal in their dinning room. We were even allowed in the main house. From the windows it looks like a hoarder lives there. They did leave a few things in the room which consisted of expired yogurt, expired apple juice and a half full container of nasty half and half on it's last leg. You couldn't pay me to drink that. The sugar container was disgusting! Friends of ours stayed in their other room and it was no better over there. My friend questioned Mary about what was advertised and she said "We stopped doing that a year ago because all of our time is spent at our restaurant" She offered us to eat at her restaurant and get 15% off the bill. Are you kidding me...I wasn't giving them another penny! Not to mention the restaurant reviews are terrible. They are running two businesses right into the ground. Half the light bulbs in the place were either missing or burnt out. The soap dispenser was empty. No means to emptying the trash. Oh' she did bring us over some store bought pastries that were not wrapped tight and had a bug crawling through them. She only did this after my friend complained to her. She promised us baked goods because she was baking for the restaurant. That didn't happen. There is also 2 robes advertised on the website which they didn't exist. The grounds are run down. There was a broken down car in front of our cottage and and junk yard next to it. It looks nothing like the website. You are better off staying in a cheap motel down the street. This place is a complete rip off! I sent Mary an email about my complaints and she never responded. What a great business you are running!

Room Tip: There are junk yards next to your room! Enjoy!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank klolfers
Reviewed 2 August 2016

White Fence is not really a Bed and Breakfast. Its more of a cabin rental. The cabin was cute and very clean. The outside of the property is in need of a clean up. The fire pit area was very over grown with weeds. Its a shame because driving onto the property it looks like the outside needs a lot of TLC. Breakfast consisted of Crossants and sweet rolls. (Store bought) Mary did make smoothies the first morning The refrig. had OJ and Oskos yogart that was expired. They also do not have a turn down service at night. My advice is bring a trash bag. We ordered take out the first night and thought the trash would be taken the next day. It was not. Once you check in you are on your own. If you just want a cabin rental with a microwave and refrig. ,no breakfast, stay here. The cost to stay was high . We will never return.

Room Tip: Chose a real Bed and Breakfast
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2016

My girlfriend and I spent a weekend here in June for a quick getaway. This is not a traditional 'bed & breakfast' in the traditional sense. The bed part was a 'home run', we had a rather large cabin set up against a quiet yard, with an electric fire-place, AC, quasi-kitchen (microwave and mini-fridge). Very nice, made you feel like you had a place of your own in the country. The breakfast was where it diverges a bit, don't expect a full fresh made meal at the table of the host. In the quasi-kitchen, there will be a selection of breads, some hard-boiled eggs, plenty of tea and coffee. The host will come by at 9ish to present a good fresh made fruity smoothie, but that's about it. Now, I'm not a breakfast person in general, so it was all good by me, but I can see how others might have different expectations. Set them before you go and you'll be happy. The key thing about this place is it's location. 2 minutes away there is a very nice stable for horseback riding (Jordan Hollow Stables), and a vineyard (Wisteria Farm and Vineyard), so you can't go wrong there. You're an easy drive to Luray and an entrance to Skyline Drive (near several of the famous waterfall trails). All in all, an excellent place at a good value.

Room Tip: We had the cottage with 'green shutters', very nice. Not sure if there are rooms in the main building or not.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2016

Looking forward to staying at White Fence Bed and Breakfast. I always look forward to the breakfast at B&Bs. I understand breakfast here is: "we serve a continental breakfast. Usually, fruit, fruit juices, muffins and hard boiled eggs." We are going for a girls weekend. Maybe you have to be a couple for top treatment? Looking for feedback from others who stayed here.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2015

Our experience at the English Ivy Cottage at the White Fence B&B was great. The place was beautiful, clean, cozy, inviting to stay, with a feel-good vibe. I loved the details and care put into its decoration.
It was like a mini flat, 600 sq. feet with hardwood floors, a comfy queen sized bed, a
Gas fireplace (for ambiance), and other adorable furniture (loveseat, antique café table and chairs in breakfast room)
We also got a spacious bathroom with 2-person corner Jacuzzi/whirlpool tub and shower. TV-VCR, CD/Clock Radio.AND we got WIFI too :)
It got a small breakfast room with a small refrigerator,Microwave, and Coffeemaker. You can't cook there but there are nice restaurants 15 min away. And, Mary and Dan bring delicious breakfast every day with tasty flavors and colors. We felt their care through the food. Thank you!
It was super quiet, we loved our privacy as well. There was one more cottage, a yurt and the larger B&B in the same area but we did not hear anyone or saw anyone.
If we ever have the opportunity to go back to Shenandoah, we will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple