“Great NY/NJ style pizza with friendly small town service”

Ciro's New York Style Pizza
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Stanley
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: New York Style pizza with an Itallian theme. We Deliver in the afternoon until close.
Reviewed 20 June 2015

If you are looking for great NY/NJ style pizza this is it. I grew up in the NY/NJ area and love pizza. This is the closest pizza to home that I have had in the DC metro area in a long time. You can fold it, they use crumbled sausage and the cheese to sauce ratio is right on. The crust is good even without Jersey water. I now eat here a few times a month to get my pizza fix.

The prices are good. You can get two extra large pizzas for under $25.00. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. The restaurant is clean and no frills. There are booths and tables and one of those funny murals of a town in Italy. It reminded me of the little pizza shops all over Jersey.

I definitely recommend this place if you are in the Shenandoah Valley. It is heads and shoulders better than any of the other pizza places in the area.

1  Thank Begreendc

Reviewed 20 August 2014

A group of five. Two ordered pizza, one a salad and two subs. Everyone happy with the food.
Service attentive and quick and very reasonable prices.

1  Thank dennis w
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Same style as eating pizza in THE CITY OF NEW YORK. REALLY EXCELLENT... Thin, crispy, and a unique flavor. I will recommend.

1  Thank carmela r
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The reviews looked good and on one of our nights staying in a mountain cabin near Stanley, we craved pizza, so we selected Ciro's, which had a delivery option. The delivery guy was quick and we admired the fact that he delivered up the mountain drive, without fail, however, the pizza just wasn't good. It was flat, greasy and the crust reminded us of soggy cardboard. We still ate it because we were hungry but I can't recommend this place.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We had the opportunity to get take out pizza from Ciro's while visiting Shenandoah National Park. The crust was thin but not too thin. The sauce was flavorful and they did not skimp on the toppings. Also it was a very good value. I recommend the "Special" which is their version of deluxe. Service was prompt and the clerk was helpful. We were looking for a place to buy a fishing license and he made the effort to find out for us from another employee and give us directions. You can also eat in at Ciros. They had sandwiches and Italian dinners as well as pizza.

1  Thank Kiamom