“A mouse ran under the door, behind my open suitcase and...”

Days Inn Staunton North
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Reviewed 9 December 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2017

This place was awful! Driving up a rutted and potholed road to the parking lot was kind of a indication of what was to come. The building was dilapidated, the concrete was cracked, and the paint was peeling on the stairs to the second floor. I had a room with a door that would not seal completely and I had to push a piece of furniture against it to feel secure. The room was neatly painted, though. But there were previous occupants clothes in the drawer, and the coffee machine would not work. When leaving the room, the lock wouldn't work on the door. All in all this place resembled a motel built by the Soviets in the 1960's, somewhere in Eastern Europe. Never again!

Reviewed 29 November 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Booked a room on days inn website. Once myself and my mother with dementia stayed there, I brought to the attention of the check out person how disappointed I was with the service as well as our room. The bathtub and walls had an extreme amount of mold as well as areas on the floor. Small amount of toilet tissue on the roll and we had to look for extra tissue which was located in the other room. Inconventient. When we checked in at the hotel I asked the front desk man if there was an ice machine and soda machine. I was told ice machine on second floor and no soda machine. However when I wen to get the ice I came down the stairs to the first floor there was a soda machine. When I was loading the car, my mom said a man came to the door and wanted to know when we were leaving. That was 11:05, check out time 11:00. I went to the front desk to check out and I advised the front desk how disappointed I was with the hotel employees as well as there room. I was told that if I wasn't happy with it, I should have told the front desk when we checked in. First of all, tell the front desk at night thing would have been a joke. Second as I told the check out clerk, we weren't aware of the mold until we showered in the morning. He said well if you had told us last night we could have changed rooms and even refund our money. No apology for the condition of the room nor the behavior of the employee. I thought for sure being a hotel of Wyndham service and cleanliness would have been much better. Never again will we stay in a days inn or any other hotel by Wyndham.