“Great budget deal”

Red Roof Inn Staunton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Used TripAdvisor to find this hotel while we were driving I-81. Red Roof was right off exit 247. Friendly staff. Clean room and bathroom. They accept pets. The place is 2-story with exterior doors on walkways. Noticed while driving into town this was a VERY common style for all hotels here. Breakfast was fine( waffles, cereal, oatmeal, biscuits w/gravy, doughnuts).

Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
redroof706, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I'm glad to see that we were able to accommodate you and exceed your expectations. Our staff strives to make sure each guest has a positive experience. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through the Shenandoah Valley!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Clean room. and no carpet. That was the first time I had encountered flooring - nice flooring in a hotel room. Bed was comfortable and the linens and towels were soft. Larger refrigerator and microwave. Quiet!!! Nice continental breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
redroof706, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

I was thrilled to start my morning by reading your fantastic review! I am very proud of my team here at the Red Roof Inn - our staff is always striving to bring the utmost excellence and personalization to their service. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to my team and thank you for taking your time to write this review. We hope to be able to host you again soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Stayed one night. Hotel very easy to find, right off highway. Close to several restaurants. Staff at check in was super friendly. Our room was on the ground level which was great. Easy to access, able to park my car in front of the room.

Room was clean. Bathroom was very tiny but clean for the most part. Shower could have been cleaner. Beds were comfortable. We had a fridge and microwave in the room. The room was okay for one night.

The worst part was the breakfast. The area was clean and there were enough tables but the food was practically nonexistent. There was a waffle maker but it wasn't working. One kind of cereal that was almost out, apples and mini donuts. That was it. Juice tasted watered down. There weren't any other options so we left.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Checked in and the room TV not working so needed to have room switched. The breakfast did have hot waffles and oatmeal (cook in microwave), donuts, english muffins, apples, bread for toasting, cereal (2 kinds) , coffee and orange and apple juices. The room was clean and acceptable for our one night there. Did not use pool, but saw other people using it

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Staunton Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We were blown away by the ultimate friendliness and help of this staff. It seemed like a family run operation, but they made every attempt to take care of our needs and or offer solutions.
The room was very clean and met our needs. We really enjoyed having a ground floor room and able to park right in front of our room even after arriving after 10pm.
The exercise was nice and met our needs.
The even allowed us to check out an hour later since we had such a late arrival.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family