“One of our favorite places to stop when we are on the road”

Mrs. Rowe's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #22 of 147 Restaurants in Staunton
Price range: US$0 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 2 March 2018

We had another great meal at Mrs, Rowe's. A little to late foe lunch and a little to early for dinner, but we stopped anyways. As always, the staff were very friendly. The service was good. The food was excellent. we always order off the specials menu and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I was totally unimpressed with my experience here. I had the broiled trout and it was over cooked but still had slimy skin. My friend had pork tenderloin in gravy. We shared everything as it all came on its own plate anyway and it was all average at best. Service was a bit slow. The only redeeming feature was the pie - but again, it was not the best pie I have ever eaten, but it was good.

I felt that behind the scenes was a cafeteria with food already prepared and just waiting for an order. It didn't taste fresh.

1  Thank karinthebritt
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Virtually everybody in Virginia has heard of Mrs. Rowe's. People come here from everywhere, all the time. The food is delicious, perfectly prepared, and the desserts are the stuff of legend!

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Mrs Rowe family own and very nice staff
On the road it works out for us just a good break coming and going
So A Fresh Turkey sandwich and some pie, your good to go great staff.
So easy off and on from exit 222 int 81
Across the road from Exxon at tragic light

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Have had the opportunity to eat at Mrs. Rowe's previously and have never been disappointed. Had the hamburger steak lunch special with two sides. I also got the spoon bread, which is also a highlight. The only disappoint was that I was too full to try the apple pie and cinnamon ice cream. I did get an egg custard pie to go, which I enjoyed later.