“Very good, typical of Red Lobster”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #50 of 144 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Good food, good service. Good wine after a 800 mile trip! Attentive friendly waitress. Great biscuits as always.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Red Lobster is good for medium price dinners. We go as often as we can, because food is usually good. Love their shrimp, fish, etc. even their pastas are good. Don’t forget Long Island ice tea, my husbands likes them.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

We were staying in town for the night so we chose Red Lobster for our dinner after a day of driving. We were seated quickly & had a very friendly waitress. Our food arrived timely & it was very good. I think Red Lobster has the best coconut shrimp & dipping sauce ever! A very nice dinner!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

On Saturday, 9/23/17, we arrived a little before 6:00, were told the wait was 45 minutes, so decided to stay. At 7:00 we went back inside---most of us waiting had to wait outside because the wait area inside is so small---to see what was happening. Because the process was so convoluted, people had been seated ahead of us, some were already complaining vociferously and were appeased with an immediate seating, others left in disgust. Because we already had over an hour invested, we stayed till the bitter end, only to overhear one of the staff lie to the manager about how she had come outside and repeatedly call the name of the one party standing there, demanding answers from the manager. When we were seated at a booth there five open booths---I counted them---just like ours. We place our order at 7:35!

In all fairness, Emma, our waitress, was pleasant, friendly, accommodating, timely, and thoughtful---everything you want in your wait staff. Because the chaos surrounding our being seated was no fault of hers, I gave her a 20% tip. And the food was totally as one would expect from Red Lobster. My son, wife, and I agreed the food was totally up to standard.

Perhaps this was a one-off exception for this Red Lobster, which I why I included the date and time of our visit above. Had it not been for Emma and the good quality of the food, my rating (understandably, I hope) would have been a "Terrible."

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I have eaten here 3 times in the last 10 days. I haven't eaten here in a while but had a friend in whom doesn't eat anything but seafood. We had 3 good meals and everything was delicious. The shrimp lettuce wraps are to die for, shrimp cocktail and lobster pizza were very good. Wasn't crazy about the crab dip, but it was ok. They also had a nice crab cake appetizer. We had fish tacos, shrimp tacos, a seafood platter with fried shrimp and clam strips. All were properly cooked and very tasty. Salad was a little plain but crisp and fresh. The grilled salmon was very moist and hot. Love the grilled squash and asparagus as vegetables. They have a really good top shelf margarita also. The service was good on all 3 visits. It is easy to overlook this place but it is a nice change of pace. Not much on chain restaurants but this one is a keeper. The manager came by and check on us each time we were there which is also a nice touch

1  Thank travelingtarheel81