Free cancellation until 05/08
US$50
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$56/night.

US$107
US$104
HIExpress.com
US$94
ComfortInn
Motel 6 Troutville(Troutville)(Great Value!)
US$54
Motel 6
US$58
US$53
Priceline
US$49
US$67
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

Free cancellation until 03/08
US$109
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$109
All reviewscracker barrelroom was cleanfront deskparking lotfair pricenewer buildingstay there againbiscuits and gravywafflesgreat valuehealthy optionsthe staff was extremely friendlya virginia tech football gamegrassy areasigns of wearhot breakfastfirst floor
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We were very pleases with this hotel. We are very critical about where were stay and found this hotel clean, comfortable and quite pleasant. A great value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My family and I were driving down to Tennessee and needed a place to sleep in order to continue the drive the next day.

We were driving down Route 81 south and we found on the AAA the Quality Inn. When I called the woman at the desk was so accomodating. She said they had rooms and we should stop to get the discount coupon.

When we got there, she informed me that there was a room closer to the front of the building but that the a/c didn't work too well. I expressed that we definitely needed a/c, and she said then she would have to give us the room on the 2nd floor, which was fine.

I was very pleased when I got into the room and has seen that it was clean.

The only reason I did not give this the top review is that Quality Inn beds are horrible and their pillows are too small.

I would stay again. It was very suitable for a quick overnight stay and the staff was extremely friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure you stop at the local gas station that provides the Hotel coupons.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2011

the heat did not work, staff stated that half of the heating systems did not not work and the breakfast was cold and made us sick. The price for this place was out of line for this area. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank flagsaff1
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Troutville the night before the BC game.

I'll give the positives first. The staff was very friendly - no problems there. The free wi-fi includes ESPN360, so if you are up there for a Tech game and want to check out the highlights before going to bed, you can. (For those who aren't looking at this hotel for a Tech game, just nod politely.)

Now the negatives.

If you are looking at the picture on their website (which is the same photo TripAdvisor has), you would think that all of the rooms are interior-facing (meaning, the door goes to a hallway, not to the outside.) I'm not 100% sure, but I think the picture is of the hotel next door. Or maybe it's a photo from when it used to be a Holiday Inn Express. Whatever it is, this photo is 100% NOT the Quality Inn.

The room door goes to the outside, which means you hear nothing but interstate traffic going by all night. For me, that's a deal killer.

It wasn't particularly clean - I killed four stink bugs in my room before going to bed. I don't fault them too terribly much for that, though - when you have exterior-facing rooms and there's been a lot of rain, you're going to find bugs. I wouldn't have even stayed here if the picture on the website had actually have been of this hotel.

The beds were incredibly hard - I pulled the blanket off of the other bed and that at least got me through the night, although my back still hurt the next morning.

The website says they have a "Free deluxe continental breakfast". I looked over at it and saw bagels and bread. (There may have been more - after a cursory glance, I decided to just go to Hardee's, which is right across the street.)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank DaveTheHokie
Reviewed 30 July 2008

kinda expensive , your basic get sleep, shower grab some coffee and drive type place

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple