US$53
US$104
Fairfield Inn
US$87
Country Inn
All reviewscracker barrelroom was cleanfront deskfair priceparking lotnewer buildingstay there againbiscuits and gravywafflesgreat valuehealthy optionsthe staff was extremely friendlya virginia tech football gamegrassy areasigns of wearright next doorhot breakfast
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We stopped for the night on our way home from Florida. Room was very clean and smelled nice. Breakfast looked very good, though we decided to go out for breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I'm working in the area and bought my wife along and we are staying here. I must admit that we have been very well taken care of. Our room is clean the staff is friendly the breakfast is okay and I've had no issues. I'll stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for the additional comments. I am glad that we met your expectations and had a good stay. I will be sure to share you comments with the staff.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Nice clean place to stay. However, it's got some maintenance issues. Our keycard wouldn't work because the batteries were dead. Then our smoke alarm beeped because the batteries were dead. Informed the front desk who told us it would be fixed in the morning. We got back to the hotel after 4pm and the beds were not even made. The door still didn't work and the smoke alarm still beeped. I don't like being lied to.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2017

This hotel has some rooms that can be accessed from the parking lot and some that use an interior hallway. Our room was clean and nicely furnished with microwave and refrigerator. The only problem was that the air conditioning kept shutting off even when I turned the temperature way down. I eventually gave up and used the fan. In the morning I went to the fitness center to use the treadmill but it was out of order. Breakfast was very good and the breakfast room was large and comfortable. Staff was pleasant and professional. Overall, this seemed like a well run hotel in spite of the couple of problems I had.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I made a reservation here because it got good reviews both here on TripAdvisor and on the hotel's website. I have no complaints about the room itself, nor the fact that I was given an upstairs room.

The problem is, I'm a 67-year old woman, traveling by car alone, hauling a LOT of heavy stuff to my daughter's wedding (everyone else is flying so I'm carrying my stuff plus other family members' things, plus household items because we're staying in a remote location in Vermont.

I was shocked to learn that despite the fact that this is a two-story facility, there are no elevators! I'm quite fit and don't mind climbing stairs, but because I couldn't load a room cart to bring all the valuable items from my car to the room, I had to make multiple trips, lug heavy luggage and an ice chest (no ice in it; just extras stored inside it) up the stairs after checking in and out, afternoon and the next morning.

The young desk clerk did help me; but that meant leaving her post to come to the adjacent "annex" building. She weighed less than I do, but manage to heave the heaviest items up the stairs.

At the very least the website should advise travelers that the upstairs is accessed via stairs only; no elevator is available. People with children or traveling in circumstances similar to mine would find such information quite valuable and helpful.

Also, the ice machine in the annex wasn't working, which meant I had to walk over to the adjacent main building. Again, not a long trek, but definitely more of a hassle.

And as if all that wasn't bad enough, the hotel is not accessible via the normal path indicated via GPS because of road construction. There were no directional signs as to how to reach the hotel until much farther along on an intersecting road, which I discovered while roaming around in the car trying to figure out how to get to the hotel. I just happened to stumble on an intersection with signs pointing the way. I'm not sure who's responsible for the lack of signage at what would normally be the place to turn to reach the hotel - the construction company doing the roadwork, or the hotel itself - but this is quite inconvenient at the present time.

If I'd known when I made the reservation what I know now, I would have paid more and booked the Holiday Inn across the street or somewhere else nearby.

All that having been said, the young lady at the desk was very nice, very professional, and very helpful. My complaints are solely about the lack of important information.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo