All reviews continental breakfast room was clean toast cracker barrel mini muffins check in was quick coffee machine great value first floor front desk staff halfway point an overnight stay no frills no charge no issues hotel room nice breakfast
Reviewed 22 May 2018

First off, the lady working the front desk (no idea what her name is) is wonderful and awesome (5 stars for her!). I am only giving a 2 star because of the room. I was traveling with 2 smokers and I agreed to try a smoking room (honestly can say I have never been in one). OMG - never again! The instant I got off the elevator I could smell smoke and once in the room, you could tell not much had been done to mask the odors (you could tell from the scent that many different brands of cigarettes had been smoke in there and heavily). Even my smoking companions were a bit surprised and turned off. We had to open the window wide to ventilate so I wouldn't die from smoke inhalation. The air conditioner/heater was a stubborn piece of a garbage (clearly ancient). It took forever to turn on (I mean hours of not giving any indication it would turn on, that's partly why the window got opened). It finally started producing cold air before we all fell asleep and at one point I woke up nearly frozen because of all the ice cold air it had pushed out while we were sleeping. Also, the furniture in this was the poorest quality I have seen in a long time from a hotel/motel, especially for a brand name hotel. I had already stayed at four other Red Roof Inns in other states just before this (all non smoking), so seeing such poor condition furniture was a surprise (including from my smoking companions). The mattresses were just...let's just say I would never allow one in my own home. The 'dresser' and arm chair can best be described as stuff you would have found forgotten in the back corner of a garage and their next stop should be the dump. I am trying to be understanding that since it was a smoking room, they obviously would not want the nicest items in there (I saw the cigarette burns on the arm chair, jeez people), but it was just a little too low class for me. That being said, I would return to use this hotel (decent price) but for a non smoking only.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GM-JVP, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you had. Please stay away from smoking room if you are a non smoker. Most hotel room size is only 330 sq.ft. and don't have window that can open. If two smokers are smoking at the same time, you don't have room for fresh air. Our cleaning team opens window everyday and apply the spray treatment but it is impossible to remove the smell from fabric. We have only limited number of smoking rooms in one section of the third floor. We are planning to convert our hotel to a non smoking building before the end of this year. We may have to replace everything from those rooms. Hopefully that will resolve most of the issues you had to face. Once again I am really sorry for the discomfort.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Red Roof is nestled in amongst beautiful hills and close to the highway. Its neighbors are higher cost hotels with their parking lots filled with more expansive cars and high cost hotel room rates. When you pull into the Red Roof you park amongst semis , electrical trucks , trailers and construction trailers, but don't let that deter you from the Red Roof as when you walk in you are met by very friendly and accommodating staff, clean environment and exceptional over night rates. The clerk let us pick our own room after walking into 3 before choosing our resting place. One smelled of smoke, the second of mildew, but the 3rd was just right. In case you are wondering, it was room 217. The hotel was built less than 10 years ago nut could use a bit of an update. But honestly, for one night, it served it's purpose. Typically I would not stay in a Red Roof, but after this experience I will definitely rethink that in the future. And, this location is dog friendly without smelling like wet-dog. Their staff takes pride in the place as this is evident by the cleanliness, the friendliness and over all atmosphere. Even the free continental breakfast was extremely neat and clean. I can only assume they have a fantastic cleaning staff as well. My hats off to the staff and management! ♡

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
GM-JVP, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for your excellent review. Our staff works very hard trying to keep our hotel clean while maintaining a friendly atmosphere. Your compliments will encourage them to work even harder. We are located just off the interstate so trucks and trailers drivers find us very convenient. We have a huge parking area to accommodate tour buses too. We are an economy brand, a pet friendly location (pets stay free) and offer a good breakfast. You have described it all for so many travelers.

Red Roof as a brand has a loyalty program with many rewards. Please go to our website and enroll. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

First, front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming. Offered us water upon arrival. Quiet place to rest along our way.
This hotel was so much better than the one we stayed in the previous night from a different hotel chain.
This hotel offered us some light snacks was located next to a restaurant so we were able to walk over for dinner.
Morning they offered a continental breakfast including waffle making, muffins, yogurt and fruit.
Great for an overnight stay. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GM-JVP, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for an excellent review and sharing your positive experience with others. We feel proud to know that hard work our entire team is doing has been rewarded.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. An excellent review like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again and I hope your future visits with us will be as pleasant as the recent one.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

this redroof is okay. okay breakfast like muffins and cereal and oatmeal and coffee. beds ok. had a king size bedroom. bath okay and clean. went to taproom for dinner. we would stop here again. easy on off 81

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
GM-JVP, Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your travels and taking time to write the review. Please make a plan to stay again with us during your future travels when you are passing through this region.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night while on our way to Florida and we had our dog with us. They were very accommodating, the room was clean, check in was friendly and easy. They have a continental breakfast which offered bagels, muffins, coffee, tea. It was a pleasant stay. We will stay again if in the area traveling with our pet.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family