“Restful Stay, Good Location and the Little Things That Matter”

Tysons Corner Marriott
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed 7 June 2017

The room is kept up to Marriott standards - clean and everything in working order. I was happy to see a room safe and a mini-fridge. My wife was happy with a hairdryer available. Everything in the bathroom worked great giving me the hot water when I need it for showering. The view overlooked the pool roof, but I was more happy that it was quiet. The place has been renovated and so we took advantage of the fitness center and the breakfast buffet in the dining area. The price of the buffet was fair for what they had and the service was good. The location is a little tricky to get to without a GPS. For finer dining, there's a Brazilian steakhouse that's just walking distance across the street.

Room Tip: Our room on the 4th floor towards the room was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tysons Corner Marriott

Reviewed 30 May 2017

In 1966, a Madison Avenue advertisement displayed the slogan, "You never get a second chance to make a first impression." The statement is still true in 2017. I doubt William Gurley, the Guest Experience Expert at the Tyson's Corner Marriott, is old enough to have read the slogan printed in 1966; however, he learned the principle somewhere and the Marriott brand is reaping the benefits.

Typically, a review is only worth writing after a stay is complete, but there are exceptions to the rule. When a day starts much earlier than the rooster’s crow, fatigue and travel are not complementary factors. With each impatient traveler encounter, and brush with customer service personnel better suited for jobs in torture chambers, the energy that fuels the shield between my anger and a pleasant sociable front becomes depleted.

In an attempt to qualify my next statements, understand I am not a paid spokesperson for Marriott; however, wherever a William Gurley exists (metaphorically speaking) at a Marriott location, consider me an advocate. Like every seasoned traveler, I create memberships for financial savings. A few months ago, I switched hotel brands and became a Marriott Rewards member, a process that takes less than five minutes - seven if you only type with only two fingers. I digress. Two of the Marriott membership benefits are e-check-in via the app, and setting an arrival time. In some cases, I arrive hours before the standard check-in time.

Today, was one of my early arrivals and as usual my room key was coded for a quick check-in. Mr. Gurley checked my ID for verification and then glanced at the computer screen just before handing me the room key. Instead of completing the transaction, Mr Gurley stated he would need to re-code my key. To my surprise, he upgraded my accommodations, which is why he is a Guest Experience Expert. Whether Mr. Gurley was intuitive enough to discern that my day wasn't qualifying as stellar, or my Marriott customer status was on the rise, he moved me to an upper quiet floor where I could rest in peace (maybe a bad choice of words as I grow older). As a bonus, I was granted access to the Concierge Lounge.

Mentally still weary from the day’s events, I ambled down the hall for a refreshment, to a second good first impression. Attentively, but not hawkish, Brian the concierge addressed each guest entering and exiting the lounge. With decorum, he informed the guests about the different snack selections. So, to prevent any misinterpretation for my use of the word hawkish, reference in your personal travels a person that is so incredibly dissatisfied with their own career choice that when greeting you, the customer, the encounter was contentious – that is hawkish. Now choose, almost any antonym for hawkish (i.e. calm, laid back) and that was Brian.

A review of any lodging facility would be incomplete without noting the quality of the accommodations. Another positive first impression. The hallways, elevators, and room are clean and well-made. I have yet to find a hotel room as comfortable as home, but I have encountered hotel rooms that make me yearn for the cleanliness of a rustic tent and camp fire. The Tysons Corner Marriott rises well-above the midline of the two comparisons.

Some may argue my posting as premature. Be assured, if the remainder of my stay is not worthy of the previous remarks, I will inform everyone thusly.

Best wishes for safe travels.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank drjohnmchenrytravel
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Good rooms,good gym,decent indoor pool...nice buffet breakfast with take away option.Bar is good with excellent choice of crafted beers.Staff at the reception extremely helpfull and polite.Shopping mall 5 min walk away,CVS as well and loads of restaurants around.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

This is our fourth visit to the Tysons Corner Marriott. We stayed Mother's Day weekend, just as we did last year, and it was excellent. We used the shuttle a few times: once to Tysons Corner Galleria and another time being picked from Tysons Corner Center. Customer service was always hospitable, the food was excellent (when we ordered it) and the bed was extremely comfy.

We'll be back in about two months. You always make my mom and I extremely happy when we come here.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel has gone through renovations and is Under New Management so there are changes that have welcomed a different Swagger in the hotel I stayed there for 6 weeks back in 2005 and even though some of the employees are there the atmosphere is different a great place to stay with family friends and rejuvenate!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business