“Always a safe bet”

Tysons Corner Marriott
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Me and my family have stayed here several times over the years and have yet to be disappointed. The weekend rates are excellent, the rooms are always very clean and well kept and are a good size. We have traveled here on weekend excursions as a couple and with kids and the hotels location and amenities are suitable either way. Like I said, it is our go to, no need to spend hours searching for a "great deal" for the weekend getaway, just choose Tyson's Corner Marriott.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are larger I believe
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tysons Corner Marriott

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed the weekend after my husband's business trip to visit family, this hotel is in a great location - close to great shopping and restaurants. The hotel is clean, modern and has a renovated lobby with a full bar and restaurant. There is a lounge for elite members, but it's not open weekends (elite members can ask for a breakfast voucher). My biggest complaint is how tiny the rooms are. I'm talking New York City tiny. My husband and I were totally cramped. The bathroom is equally tiny with one sink in the same room as the shower and toilet. Shower was very slippery! Be careful. I brought my own hairdryer from home and am glad I did, the one in the room didn't have a ton of juice. We stay at Marriott properties frequently, this wasn't my fav.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Greg J, Front Office Manager at Tysons Corner Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

To Mary S.

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Marriott hotel, we pride ourselves in ensuring that our guests have enjoyable stays at every Marriott Hotel they stay at. We recognize and appreciate your choice to stay at our hotel over the many other choices in the area, and want it to be an enjoyable stay.

Unfortunately we have fallen short of that commitment to deliver superb customer service. I apologize for that. I understand that frustration of wanting to have a nice relaxing stay, but feel too cramped in a smaller hotel room. This is something our hotel is very conscious of; we have planned for room renovation to begin in late 2018. As a 35 year old hotel, we are constantly striving to keep our rooms and hotel experience positive and enjoyable. I have shared your specific feedback on the rooms to the apporipate team members so our rennovations reflect what you and various others guersts want in the rooms.

Feel free to visit us again, and if it is in late 2018 or 2019, I hope the new rooms make a huge difference.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Pleasant stay at the Tysons Corner Marriott. Clean room, comfortable bed and linens. All necessary amenities included. King size bed for $264 a night. Centrally located to a decent amount of restaurants and shops like Nordstrom Rack, Saks, etc. about 30-40 minute Uber from Reagan airport, not sure about Dulles. Free Shuttle available for anything with in two miles. Nice dining area and friendly staff. Breakfast buffet including a orange juice and tip was about $25

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Checking in was quick and seamless. As with Marriott properties, the room was clean and cool upon our arrival. Beds were comfortable. If you prefer firm pillows, you will have tk check in with the front desk. Ability to check out from the room upon departure was also a plus. There were no problems or issues during our stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Is not the first time that I do journey for business but the first time an hotel ask to pay so much to have Wi-Fi. Also I would suggest to not take the "city view" room because doesn't exist a city view, unless, you have a room on the rooftop.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 7 August 2017

Hi Cristina! I am sorry to hear that the city view did not quite live up to your expectations. I will share this information with our leadership team. In regards to the WIFI, the great news is, if you become a Marriott Rewards member you receive free internet at all of our properties-- worldwide! Becoming a member is free. All you simply have to do is provide the number at the time of booking or upon arrival to receive that benefit. Wishing you a great week! Katie