“Late Saturday lunch”

Hunter's Head Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Hunter's Head Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Upperville
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: just west of the Citgo Station
Transit: We are located on the north side of Route 50.
Description: Experience our English-style Pub that serves traditional pub fare, fine dining cuisine and mouthwatering homemade desserts. Entrees and appetizers feature local farm meats (Certified HumaneR and Certified Organic) as well as local produce. From our famous burgers, to roasted chickens, to veal and pork chops, Hunter's Head Tavern provides a unique opportunity for customers to dine with confidence. Our main ingredients come from farms dedicated to maintaining the health and well-being of their animals as well as the land. Domestic and imported beers are available on tap along with an excellent wine selection including local and organic choices. Five different dining rooms and extensive outdoor seating during the warm seasons provide a dynamic dining experience whether you are looking for a family-friendly, romantic or cozy neighborhood environment. Pets are also welcome to dine on the patio.
Reviewed 27 September 2017

This Saturday (23 Sep 2017), I, my wife and two other couples stopped at Hunters Head Tavern in Upperville, Virginia, for a late lunch. The service was prompt but when our food arrived we were all disappointed. The French fries were cold and seemed as if they had been sitting in the kitchen for some time. The coleslaw was soggy (no crunch) and had a bad flavor. The appetizer chicken wings were raw. My wife and I have visited this restaurant in the past with much better food so felt confident that recommending this establishment to our friends would be a great experience. Unfortunately, no one had a good meal and I know my friends and I will not visit in the future. I felt compelled to pick up the tab (unbeknownst to my friends) because of the bad experience. And yes, this place is quite pricey and customers have to place their own orders at the window.

1  Thank Tom B

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Nice setting for a casual meal. You order from the bar inside and then food is brought to your table. There is wait service after that step. Bread at the table was pretty amazing (baked on site), and food was very good. Service was also polite and good. Patio looked appealing but it was too hot when we were there.

1  Thank ghibesan
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Thank goodness I've been to this restaurant many times before because if today was any indication of what the food and service was like, I would not be back.

My French fries were cold when served and the waitress replaced them with a hot batch. The desert was supposed to be an apple crumble but turned out to be peach. To end this meal, the charges on my credit card were for all the guests at the table. The checks were to be "individual" checks. I was told the charge did not go thru but when I checked with my bank, yes they did go thru but were immediately backed out.

I hope this was just a bad day because the food is usually very good, the service was good and the waitress was very attentive. We were dining on the patio and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Have dined inside in the past as well.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Great quality dishes, varied menu served by experienced/friendly wait staff. Perfect for an early or late lunch after a drive in the country.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I love this place. I love the vibe. I literally do not feel like I am in Virginia any longer when I visit. It has an English Pub vibe, and you really feel like you were transported there. The place is old and historic. The bread is VERY Yummy! Never disappoints!