“So Authentic”

Hunter's Head Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Hunter's Head Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Upperville
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: just west of the Citgo Station
Transit: We are located on the north side of Route 50.
Description: Experience our English-style Pub that serves traditional pub fare, fine dining cuisine and mouthwatering homemade desserts. Entrees and appetizers feature local farm meats (Certified HumaneR and Certified Organic) as well as local produce. From our famous burgers, to roasted chickens, to veal and pork chops, Hunter's Head Tavern provides a unique opportunity for customers to dine with confidence. Our main ingredients come from farms dedicated to maintaining the health and well-being of their animals as well as the land. Domestic and imported beers are available on tap along with an excellent wine selection including local and organic choices. Five different dining rooms and extensive outdoor seating during the warm seasons provide a dynamic dining experience whether you are looking for a family-friendly, romantic or cozy neighborhood environment. Pets are also welcome to dine on the patio.
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Hunter's Head is modeled on a high end British pub with serious ambiance, authentic food, and friendly service. You give your order at the bar, but then are served. The bartender, in addition to being very good looking, gave good advice concerning the wine selections. My husband has the Shepard's Pie - he gave it a 10 and loved the bread. I found the Salad Trio to be over the top good and I opted for and was not disappointed by the Sweet Potato Biscuits. Loved the Halloween decor in the tent outside - one can tell this is a community oriented place. We can't wait to return!

1  Thank Betty A

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance of this cute place in the small town of Upperville, Va on a Thursday evening. There was lots happening at the bar and in the dining rooms while we were standing in line at the barn door to order the food before proceeding to the table. It was so much fun!! The restaurant was a converted revolutionary era house with so much character and charm. It seems to be a perfect place to eat on the patio during the warm days of summer.
Our food was very good. My friend's shepard's pie was very tasty and my sirloin was tender and tasty as well. I was also happy with the caramel apple sangria, a perfect drink, and not too sweet for fall. The service was prompt although the place was crowded. The server was nice and courteous. I definitely will have lunch or dinner in my next visit to the Midddleburg area and surroundings.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Recent lunch was so disappointing. Reviews had seemed very good but the food was bland, portions were very small for the price, and having to stand in line to order while the staff push and shove past you as you tried to read the menu written on a chalkboard. I had the 3-plate salad, tasteless citrus fruit, soggy greens with a watery dressing and very bitter taste. Several of our party had ordered the same one no one liked it. The bleu cheese dressing on another salad was thin and watery. Highlight of the lunch was the bread. Not worth the money for sure.

1  Thank CountrygirlHDM
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I visited this past Sunday after the Pints for Paws event at a local inn. I loved the fact that the patio is dog friendly! For some reason on was hankering for mucho cheese and was not disappointed. The artichoke dip was delicious. I loved the tart bite of the fresh artichokes along with the sharp cheeses and touch of nutmeg. Fantastic! I also ordered the mac and cheese and it was outstanding. My friend had chicken with the sweet potato fries, (which I had to try) and they were so flavorful. My other friend had the artichoke dip as well. We left happy and full. I can't wait to return to try more of the menu items! Great evening! (Great beer and cocktails too)

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Lovely setting, excellent food (portions were somewhat overly-generous!), and very proficient service. Great value for money in a beautiful setting.