3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$169
TravelocityUS$169
HamptonUS$169
Agoda.comUS$169
2,301 results
All reviews breakfast staff neptune statue free breakfast the breakfast area every morning front desk staff the north end great view of the ocean hotel is in a great location hotel restaurant hot tub indoor pool off season yogurt family vacation rodney boardwalk
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2021 via mobile

I've been staying here last 8 years and this hotel finally got the update it deserved. Great central location on beach and next to King Neptune statue. Quick walk to Duck Donuts and Starbucks along with last minute pick ups at Walgreens.

Fabulous views and excellent staff.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Rob Waddell, General Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

Hi Kristin,
I'm glad that you like our newly renovated hotel, and enjoyed its convenient location and our excellent staff! We hope to see you again soon!

Rob Waddell - GM

Reviewed 3 February 2021 via mobile

Relatively recently renovated hotel - all was clean including the balcony area and furniture still pretty new, all rooms are oceanfront with balconies - view of course gets better the higher up you go.. in spite of the cold I did crack our balcony door for a little while to just listen to the ocean-very relaxing. This is literally on the boardwalk though - so I can imagine during warmer weather (and after COVID)the area could be quite noisy

Speaking of COVID- usual protocols are all in place - masks for all, wipes available by elevators, no housekeeping without specific requests, clean stickers on doors, remotes etc - breakfast both served and self serve depending on what you want to eat -nice to have hot items still available- and you can eat in the restaurant seating just outside the breakfast serving room (some tables closed to allow for distancing) so seconds or drink refills are easy! Breakfast staff were all very friendly and attentive.

Lobby is a little small .. I did digital check in but you still need to stop at the desk for your parking pass... (lot on the property - finding space was no problem in winter) Did not use the pool (keep forgetting to look for that as an amenity and pack suits ) but it is a nice area just beside the lobby. Sadly the on-site restaurant is no longer as varied in its menu as it once was ... we were going to eat there based on old menus we’d seen but now it’s just pizza and some kid friendly items like chicken strips so we passed.

I booked late so only king size room still available was one of the “studio suites” which are laid out a little different than the other rooms. These are the “1”rooms on each floor (301, 401, 501 etc) and have a slightly larger floor space- but be aware they are right across from the elevators and ice machines are in the cubby smack dab outside your door - as we stayed in January and on the 7th floor it was no problem for us but during busier months this may not be ideal for all.. they are also adjoining rooms if you need (or dislike) that option!

Would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rob Waddell, General Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2021

Hi Travelnfoxes! Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to share your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your accommodations from our modern rooms, ocean views, breakfast and most importantly, comfort and safety!
We appreciate your trust and grateful for amazing customers like you! We look forward to your return!
Best wishes and please stay safe!
Ann Smith, Director of Sales

Reviewed 1 December 2020

If you don't mind people smoking cigarettes and pot on the balconies this is the place for you--I don't-and after staying here three times within the last year-Ithink I may need to find another hotel-which is unfortunate because we really enjoy the location and view-the rooms are newly remodeled and clean--and it's a great place to leave the balcony door open to hear the waves below...until the somebody has to light up because they are addicts and they can't just get high on life!

Date of stay: November 2020
Rob Waddell, General Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2020

I read your review with concern as this is not the experience that most of our guests have. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and enforce this to the best of our ability. Violators are charged a $250 smoking penalty to cover our cost of deep cleaning the room.

Once a situation is brought to our attention, we first have to determine the source. This can be harder than it seems with tightly sealed entry doors and breezes moving the smoke. If we confirm the source, the guest is asked to cease immediately or must leave the hotel. If we can not confirm the source, we are happy to move the affected guest to a room in another part of the hotel, or allow you to check out early, and we still continue to investigate.

A safe, clean hotel and a great guest experience is our top priority, and we generally do an excellent job.

Rob Waddell - GM

Reviewed 10 October 2020 via mobile

This Hampton Inn was just beautifully renovated... I loved it! And I’m hard to please! So modern, clean, and comfortable! The beds were perfect... firm and supportive but still comfy! Decor was beautiful. View was outstanding. The young ladies at the front desk were very professional and friendly. The only issue I had was of no fault of the hotel. A gentleman would play loud music from speakers on the boardwalk right in front of the hotel every day. He would accompany the music with either a trombone or saxophone, and while the music wasn’t terrible, I really wanted to sit on my private balcony and enjoy the sound of the ocean. I couldn’t hear it above his loud music and instrumentation (he played for money/donations). But, again, not the hotel’s fault. The hotel was amazing. But I am surprised the gentleman is allowed to blast his music that loud a lot of the day and evening. It took away from my relaxing vacay a bit.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2020 via mobile

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at this resort. Even with COVID-19 still on the rise, we had a great overnight stay. The complex was beautiful, clean, and very accommodating. The staff was very courteous, friendly, and helpful. We enjoyed the short stay with the amazing beachfront view. We are planning to return in the spring to this property for a longer stay. I must say that we are very OCD and it met all of our expectations. We highly recommend this place and the surrounding conveniences (boardwalk, restaurants, shops, etc.

Pat & Vanessa