Lowest prices for your stay
US$141
Free cancellation until 29/09/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$141
Free cancellation until 29/09/22
FindHotel
US$136
Free cancellation until 28/09/22
Hotels.comUS$141
PricelineUS$141
TravelocityUS$141
All reviews front desk across the street limited parking off season facing the ocean atlantic avenue late check housekeeping staff balcony boardwalk housekeeper sunrise maintenance vb
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2022

Just stayed here and it was great. You can tell there is a focus on customer service. Everyone was helpful. I also ate at the restaurant both nights I was there and enjoyed that too! I would highly recommend staying at this hotel!

Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Amy Zablan, General Manager at Holiday Inn VA Beach-Oceanside (21st St), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We appreciate the kind words about the service you received, and love that you enjoyed our Hemingway's restaurant.

Reviewed 8 June 2022 via mobile

Horrible experience.. book the hotel in August of 2021 through hotels.com price was $616 for three nights which I chose the pay at the property option.. fast forward to June 22 and hotels.com tells me I still have a reservation.. show up at the hotel and they informed me that they tried to pre-authorize my card in September of 2021 which had been compromised and was denied they claim they tried to get a hold of me but I had no email no voicemail no nothing so I had no room because they had rebooked the room of mine.. I was angry and told them they needed to make this right so the manager called down the road to another oceanfront Holiday inn and they said yeah we have another room we're going to charge you $389 a night which was a significant amount more and I thought that they should honor myhotels.com fee.. they said no you have to take that up with hotels.com and I told them you had no right to charge my card because I had not chosen the pay immediately option from hotels.com well the manager got rude with me and said well there's nothing I can do you have to take it up with hotels.com.. so I called hotels.com and they called the property and told me that yeah they were allowed to do that and I told the hotel.com woman but one of them needed to make this right because both of them were pointing fingers at each other.. needless to say I had no place to stay.. and I will never ever ever in my life stay at another Holiday inn and especially not this one on the waterfront of Virginia Beach very very angry.. and I hope this hotel goes bankrupt.. shame on you this was a birthday present for my son that we would have an oceanfront hotel and we ended up having nowhere to stay and Holiday inn should have made this right they should have found a way to help us.. and they were selfish and just didn't care and shame on them! I would not let a dog stay there!

Room tip: Just book somewhere else
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank juslin217
Amy Zablan, General Manager at Holiday Inn VA Beach-Oceanside (21st St), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2022

Hi Juslin,
We are sorry to hear of your experience with your reservation made through a third party company, not the hotel directly. Using a third party booking agency significantly limits the ability and communication of the hotel to the guest, as all correspondence goes through you and the company you used to make the reservation.
Our hotel requires a deposit made at the time of reservations on most weekends, and from Memorial Day - Labor Day, as outlined in the reservation process. Unfortunately if we are unable to collect the deposit, we do notify the booking company and cancel the reservation. As you noted, the hotel did follow policy as outlined and are always willing to assist guests by offering to help you to contact hotels.com or to reach out to another hotel, as we were sold out and did not have a room to check you into. We regret that our best efforts weren't enough to assist you, and we wish you safe travels.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2022

We stayed Memorial Day weekend at this hotel. The bartender, Billy Lynch, made our stay. He was under supported, isn't allowed to stock his bar himself - corporate gives him Island Oasis product but not the machine so he can't make drinks that taste like they should - but made our stay awesome! Great conversation, service and personal delivery - stayed open late for us too! We loved our time with Billy and will be back just to see him!

Room tip: All rooms have Oceanview!
Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank Not-giving-one

Thanks for the great review of Billy ! We appreciate it.

Reviewed 21 May 2022 via mobile

My wife and I made a reservation for May back in September of 2021. We arrived at the hotel today and they had canceled our reservation without our knowing. We were forced to stay elsewhere. We will never try and stay here again. They told us they were sorry but they were all booked up and couldn’t accommodate our stay. Beyond ridiculous the way they handled this. We were lucky that a hotel up the Blvd had availability or we would’ve had to turn around and drive 8 hours back home. Don’t try and stay here because you will more than likely ruin your vacation.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hollis G

Hi Hollis,
We apologize for any reservation issue, as our hotel does require a deposit of one nights room and tax at the time of booking. Unfortunately if we are unable to obtain this deposit we do have to cancel the reservation. We hope you enjoyed your time in Virginia Beach, even if you weren't able to stay with us.

Reviewed 8 April 2022

We just completed our third or fourth stay at this property. Another good stay. Hotel is right on the ocean side of Atlantic Avenue with all rooms facing the ocean. Location is near to many restaurants and shops. The newly renovated room we had was great. Bed offered a wonderful nights sleep.

Only issue with this stay (and same goes for the Holiday Inn Express a few blocks away) is that the hotel is currently undergoing renovations. I was told the project here is expected to continue into early May. The top floors 7-12 are complete and they are working their way down to the ground floor. Unfortunately, we were on the 7th floor and the workers would start on the floor below us around 6:30 and start tool noise around 7:00. Ask for a higher floor away from the renovations and you should be fine. Hemingway restaurant is still in full service, but lobby is a little out of sorts. Pool and fitness rooms are currently under renovation and closed. All that said, I would stay here again tomorrow, but on a higher floor.

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank KenS9
Amy Zablan, General Manager at Holiday Inn VA Beach-Oceanside (21st St), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2022

Thanks so much for staying with us Ken. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit and the new guest rooms. We look forward to to seeing you return after the entire renovation is complete.