“Good stay”

Ranked #80 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Amissville, Virginia
“Good stay”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stay mostly at Choice Hotels when I travel This is a keeper, although I think it is a little over priced you have a great location , We had an Ocean view room. great choice , Plenty of things to do close by as well as restaurants, The only thing I did not care for was parking across the street . But they said there was security and it seemed safe it is shared by another hotel and also has public parking too on the second floor .

For as many Choice hotel I have ever stayed at over the years this one had the best breakfast of them all. Sausage eggs and hash brown potatoes were all made fresh , Not the usual Microwave food this was made on site I'm sure good selection of pastry too . The only thing they did not have was the waffles I have seen at all the other places I stayed, No big deal I don't eat them any way .

I would recommended this place for Location and breakfast . Front desk was very nice and as always helpful I booked on line so check in was pain less I will be back some day I am sure

1 Thank fish_oinc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My family and I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites last week. I was extremely disappointed with the hotel room. We had 4 people staying in our room, and it was soooo small. There was only one dresser for all of us to try to share. The AC in the room is LOUD! The air vents are filthy. The tub drains SLOWLY, and you can not use it for a bath, just a shower. Our door lock to the sliding patio door broke off and we had to wait 2 days for it to be replaced. There were burn holes in the comforter on our bed (we were on a non-smoking floor), we weren't initially given linens for the fold out couch. The staff at the restaurant onsite are rude and don't bother to come back to check on their tables. If you order food from that restaurant while you're at the pool, they'll automatically charge an 18% gratuity to your check. The hallways and elevators are NOT airconditioned. There were noisy inconsiderate teenagers running up and down our hallway slamming into the walls and doors. The indoor and ourdoor pools are NOT heated. You have to park acrossed the street from the Hotel, plus the outdoor pool is acrossed the street from the Hotel. All in all I must say that people are getting SEVERLY ripped off for the price that you pay at this Hotel. I don't quite understand why it's called Quality Inn and Suites when they DO NOT have any suites at this Hotel!!! Don't set your standards high, because you'll be setting yourself up for a let down!

3 Thank AmyS69
Butler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We went to a wedding and this is where all the out of state relatives stayed.The rooms are very small and outdated. There were flies and ants in most of the rooms. My sister in law had roaches in her room. Rooms were way over priced. Overall would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Walkersville, Maryland
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Oceanfront hotels are a little tricky because hotels can charge a fortune and still be crappy and people still pay. We paid $160 for the night which is reasonable for a good hotel on the oceanfront in the middle of august. There was a faint odor of smoke when we first entered the room,but it aired out quickly. It is an older hotel, but kept up fairly well. It is hard to kern the floors clean in an oceanfront room because of the sad, but the carpets were clean and the central air kept the temperate nice.

The location was perfect. The pool was well maintained and there were even beach chair, umbrella, bike, and rollerblade rentals right in the hotel. There was a nice boardwalk that extended perpendicular with the large boardwalk that extended out almost to the water. It was nice to not ave to walk out on the sand. I was even able to push my baby in her stroller out to the beach with no problems.

Directly across the street is a beach souvenir shop, Sunsations, and Planet Pizza that was also really good. Though this is an older hotel, and some updates need to be made, I was happy with the price we paid at the neight of the season. I would definitely stay here again.

...one addition, there was ample parking across the street and convenient pull up access in front of the hotel for loading and unloading.

1 Thank Buscheka
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This is the fifth time we have stayed here and the people who work at this hotel are great. We arrived real early for check-in and they had us in our room by noon. It was like a free day - we spent the whole day down at the beach. We don't do housekeeping but the maids are always around to give you what you need - no questions or limits on what you ask for - they do a great job with these rooms, always clean when we check in.

Like I have said before - yes, this hotel is older, could use updating, halls and elevators are very hot but all that is very easy to live with for a week!!

We were not in oceanfront (don't need to be in this hotel) but we had nice flat screen tv and they added tons of channels they didn't have before. The oceanview with pool is great.
Beds are very comfortable, breakfast is ok - nothing great.

Also first time renting umbrella for the beach (from the hotel) - can't beat the price! $6.00 for 5 1/2 hrs or $8.00 for the whole day. I paid on the beach $15.00 for the day. Yes, you do have to carry down (not far at all) and set-up yourself but worth it.

I only wish they had deals certain weeks or breaks for returning customers. They do always have empty rooms it seems. Wouldn't they be better giving deals and booking solid? At almost 200.00 a night this hotel is expensive in the prime months of summer.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple