Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$79
View deal
PricelineUS$79
Expedia.comUS$79
Hotels.comUS$79
Vio.comUS$79
TravelocityUS$79
Trip.comUS$133
All reviews room unit coffee maker across the street the location is perfect ocean view mini fridge balcony elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2022 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here!!! We stayed 4 days and 3 nights. The staff was nice and attentive!!! I read some of the reviews before we went and I noticed some of the things were true. But other then that it was nothing major. It's worth the stay at Capes

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2021 via mobile

Super friendly staff great location and reasonable rates. We have tried many other hotels in Virginia Beach but none are as friendly and welcoming as the Capes Hotel… we are always greeted with a smile and happy faces. The rooms are clean the view is wonderful and we will be can’t wait until July. See you soon Capes family!

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2021

Disgustingly Rude Front Desk Women

The negative reviews are right. The desk clerks are rude and unfriendly. They have probably been getting away with this for decades. Also, the hotel had a moldy smell.

For the reviewer asking for corporate information, Dun and Bradstreet lists, the owner of the hotel. Trip advisor won’t allow me to print it. However, the Owners number takes you to the hotel front desk clerks so good luck getting past them to report on their behavior. This appears to be a family run business.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank WtG331
Reviewed 11 September 2021

*** PLEASE STAY AWAY** ***DO NOT STAY HERE**
First all let me say LORI, is very rude and so is Crystal and Linda. An incident happen, which was Lori was stereotyping me and wrote on statement “They are broke” on the paper and tried to get me to sign it because I didn’t want to stay another night with them. Lori, was mad and didn’t want me to take a picture of the paper they wrote *I WAS BROKE***.I wanted to report this issue to corporate and Lori lied and said corporate didn’t have a number and didn’t give me any information. I called back again to speak with Crystal, she wouldn’t give me the number but transferred me and the phone hung up. However, Lori just said she can assure me that their was no number for corporate ( big lie).. still haven’t got corporate information. If anybody want to see what ** THEY WROTE*** I will be happy to send it to you. If anybody can help me get corporate number at The Capes Hotel at Virginia Beach, I would greatly appreciate it. Issue #2 the toilet was running the whole night and I couldn’t sleep and I told front staff and they just brushed it off and nobody came to fix it.. *** SHARE THIS****

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 2525_Jones_25
Reviewed 25 August 2021

I had a two room unit reserved at this hotel for 3 nights for me and my sisters to stay at for a mini vacation. We were flying in to Norfolk on Allegiant Airlines. 2 days before we were to leave, I got an email cancelling my flight. I called immediately to the hotel to cancel my room and they still charged me 1 night stay. This was in no way my fault as I planned on going and did not cancel my flight myself. There were multiple flights being cancelled by Allegiant and Spirit airlines around the same time because of no flight attendants and no full flights. I was very disappointed in this hotel because they didn't acknowledge the fact that it wasn't my decision to cancel my reservation. I realize they have a "policy" regarding cancellations, but I had proof that my flight was cancelled and they still didn't care and charged me 1 night stay anyway.
I would never stay at a place that has these types of policies again.

Date of stay: August 2021