Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$197
Hotels.comUS$197
TravelocityUS$197
PricelineUS$197
FindHotelUS$197
Trip.comUS$279
All reviews room unit coffee maker across the street the location is perfect mini fridge balcony boardwalk elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 July 2022

What a joke of a hotel. Parking horrible just trying to find a spot to check in. At check in it was no pleasure dealing with Crystal and Vickie. Both were rude and condescending acting as if this was our first time ever staying in hotel. Finally got to room after waiting forever to get in one hotel elevator only to find it dirty. Could not call desk to report as room phone has no dial tone. Back to desk where I was told room wasn’t dirty. Yes it was see picture of broken bucket on floor and trash in can. This should have been caught and checked before we arrived but it wasn’t and in looking at lobby, pool, hall and elevator it wasn’t surprising room was dirty. Entire hotel feels overly dirty and just worn out. Finally got desk to give me another room after arguing for for what seemed like and hour. Next room wasn’t much better. Not bucket on floor however there was food in fridge sand on carpet mold in tub and on shower curtain filthy room windows almost complete blocking beach view. Just decided to stay the two nights and make the best. Cleaned room ourselves as I was scared to ask for another room after already getting two dirty ones. Asked on day two to speak with manager. Desk lady was nicer Laurie said manager darla was not there but would call me. Next day we left at checkout asked again for manager as no one was there again. Asked again for manager to call us. Manager never called us which ain’t a big surprise after seeing overall condition of rooms and hotel. Maybe if manager was there more the hotel would be cleaner and better taken care of. Please be aware before you book a room. If you don’t want to clean your own maybe stay somewhere else. Won’t see me there again that’s for sure.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 618belindal
Reviewed 2 May 2022

I have never had worse customer service than I did in this dirty dated dump of a hotel If I can save one person from wasting their money on this place it will be worth writing this review. Crystal the front desk clerk was without a doubt the rudest unprofessional customer service person I have ever encountered at a hotel I wish I had read the other reviews BEFORE I made reservations. Due to the fact we politely asked if they possible had another room we could switch too because half of the jets in our jacuzzi tub were not working she decided we were not going to be happy in that hotel, she was going to refund our money (which she didn't even know how to do) and we were to leave. We've stayed in probably 500 hotels and this was a first. We explained it wasn't that serious we were fine with the room and started walking down the street to go to dinner. She literally chased us a half a block screaming we needed to get our things and leave. We were really in shock never witnessing this erratic behavior before from a hotel clerk. My husband said you're right this isn't the hotel for us. She kept over talking him and wouldn't let him speak We got our things demanded a refund slip and left to find a hotel that was twice as nice as this one. We left the following morning heading somewhere different . We will never return to VA Beach period .

Room tip: Don't choose this hotel
Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank melcP2423VM
Reviewed 24 February 2022 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here!!! We stayed 4 days and 3 nights. The staff was nice and attentive!!! I read some of the reviews before we went and I noticed some of the things were true. But other then that it was nothing major. It's worth the stay at Capes

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2021 via mobile

Super friendly staff great location and reasonable rates. We have tried many other hotels in Virginia Beach but none are as friendly and welcoming as the Capes Hotel… we are always greeted with a smile and happy faces. The rooms are clean the view is wonderful and we will be can’t wait until July. See you soon Capes family!

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2021

Disgustingly Rude Front Desk Women

The negative reviews are right. The desk clerks are rude and unfriendly. They have probably been getting away with this for decades. Also, the hotel had a moldy smell.

For the reviewer asking for corporate information, Dun and Bradstreet lists, the owner of the hotel. Trip advisor won’t allow me to print it. However, the Owners number takes you to the hotel front desk clerks so good luck getting past them to report on their behavior. This appears to be a family run business.

Date of stay: September 2021