“Good food.....still trying to get adjusted”

Providence Square Grill
Ranked #305 of 1,555 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This restaurant is good and it is trying to still get the kinks out since it changed management. The omelet had all the elements of a good omelet but for the second time it was a bit over cooked. I did get all the coffee I wanted and it was good. My wife ordered a chicken Caesar Salad and for $12.99 ,and looked a bit small.We brought this to the waitress’ attention ,she checked on it, apologized for the error and offered to make a new salad.My wife opted to get a larger helping to take home. I personally like this new management and in time, this restaurant will be real fine.I’ll re-review in 3 months.I think one who reds this should give the restaurant a try,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First off, the greeter was rude. Secondly, the small room was so packed I could barely make it to my seat. From there it was so loud from the other tables being so close that you could barely hear what was going on. I was really looking forward to this “delicious” buffet, but when the food was brought out, I was once again disappointed. The buffet consisted of about 6 items. Finally after getting my food, which was not terrible, but not great either, I was still hungry. This is the only buffet that I’ve ever been to that they do not keep it out long enough for people to get a second plate, and that they did not refill food to make it available. So “buffet” is not what you would think it is at this place. The show was mediocre, and more annoying than entertaining. I will not be coming back. Save your money, and go to Busch Gardens instead.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since this restaurant is under new ownership, we thought we'd give it another try.
The cook must be the same, no real change to the menu and the food is a bit better then poor, just below average at best.
Stopped in for a late lunch/early dinner today and my husband chose the salmon stuffed with crabmeat special. I got the liver and onions. Mine came with a chicken soup with orzo and it was quite tasty. Lots of chicken, lots of orzo, and some carrots, onions and celery.
I was offered green beans or butter beans with my meal and choice of potato. I took mashed potatoes and the green beans. Liver was good, onions were burnt, green beans way over cooked and the mashed potatoes stayed under the heat lamp too long and were crusty.
My husband's salmon and crabmeat special didn't come with soup and he wasn't offered a choice of vegetable. He ended up with green beans: still overcooked. The salmon tasted like it was a pre-cooked or a pre-prepared fish and the crab stuffing was mostly bread crumbs and very watery.
We were hoping for an improvement under new ownership, but didn't get it. It would be nice to have a nearby restaurant serving home-style or county cooking for a nice comfort food meal.
We'll keep looking.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ll get this out of the way...the food sucked! Utterly horrible buffet. I’ve had much better food at dining facilities in Iraq and Afghanistan. The show, however, was a hoot! It made the visit worthwhile, regardless of the food. All stars earned were for the show, not the food!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday and one of the specials was eggs Benedict for $8.99. They came with very good home fries. It was a bit noisy and busy but the servers were very friendly and moved fast. I prefer my yolks solid and ordered them that way. My husband likes his runny as they usually are. Unfortunately both dishes came runny so I had to send mine back which delayed my meal but the waitress, Judy could not have been nicer. My only suggestion for improvement is to have Heinz ketchup instead of Hunts which I don’t care for, just a quirk of mine.