“Charming cottage, very well maintained”
other travellers have booked this property
Great place to relax and bbq on the grill.
You can't miss the red roof! Relax in the backyard - play a round of croquet!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Great place to relax and bbq on the grill.
You can't miss the red roof!
Relax in the backyard - play a round of croquet!
Ample parking for three cars.
Flamingo welcomes you at the entrance...
You will enter into the all-weather porch.
Set a spell, or enjoy your coffee and breakfast on the porch.
Welcome!
Dining area, looking out to the great room and all-weather porch
Sweet breakfast area for two the the bright kitchen
New smooth surface stove.
The kitchen is fully equipped and has basic spices, napkins and coffee filters.
Relax in the back yard.
Master bedroom #1.
Master bedroom #1.
Plenty of closet space in Master Bedroom #1. All linens are provided.
Bedroom #2 with full bed.
Bedroom #3: twin bed with trundle, and adjoining powder room. All linens are provided.
Bedroom #3 with twin and trundle. Books for all, and toys for children.
Bedroom #3 with twin and trundle bed. Adjoining powder room.
A relaxing seat has your name on it!
Lovely backyard. Relax and enjoy the picnic table for an outside supper.
The outside shower is super private and has hot and cold water. Perfect for much of the year!
Storage shed with everything you need for the beach, including a Wheeleez cart to carry beach items!
Sun and Sand! Just what you want at the beach! Flamingo Cottage has a cart, chairs and umbrella!
Flamingo Cottage awaits you!
Charming Flamingo Cottage!
Shady driveway with side entrance to house.
You'll recognize the red roof!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Bill T
Rochester, New York
“Charming cottage, very well maintained”
Reviewed 7 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We stayed here for a week’s vacation to get away from the brutal Northeast Winter for a bit. Its a small, charming cottage in a residential area on the North end of Virginia Beach away from the commercial district.

The location seemed perfect. Its a very short walk to the beach with good access and there are other attractions nearby. There’s a historic lighthouse at Fort Story, and a nearby state park with great walking trails.

The cottage itself was immaculate, well equipped, and everything worked perfectly. There’s a small but very functional kitchen, we like to cook rather than dining out all the time and we made good use of it.

The only nit I could pick was that the mattress on the double bed in the main bedroom was a little tired and my fussy back spoke to me about it a little.

Someone is really paying attention here, this was just a great rental. We’ll be back, I’m sure!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The neighborhood and the kitchen
Liked least: the somewhat work mattress on the main bed
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
11 Jun 2015
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at Flamingo Cottage! We work hard to maintain the cottage to very high standards and our hope is that folks feel at home when they are in residence. We look forward to your return!
Raj T
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Amazing home away from home”
Reviewed 28 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

The Flamingo Cottage beat all our expectations. The house is located in the quiet North area of VA beach only a block away from the beach. There is ample deck space as well as a a great glassed off patio. The first sitting area attached to the patio has sky lights with ample seating. The second is adjacent to an eating table with a TV. There is cable and internet. The bedrooms provide sleeping for 6. The kitchen has everything you would ever need.

Overall, the Flamingo Cottage was the best decision we could make for our trip to VA Beach. I would highly suggest if you make a trip down stay here. It rained the weekend we came down but the cottage provided a great space for an even better price. The owner responded within 24 hours which proved vital for my last minute decision trip.

Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
11 Jun 2015
You did have some wet weather on your visit, but I'm happy you found Flamingo Cottage warm and welcoming. Thank you for the lovely review. I certainly look forward to your return.
James R...
“Beautiful cottage, super-helpful owner”
Reviewed 22 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

The pictures don't do Flamingo Cottage justice. It's extremely neat, clean, well furnished, fully supplied, fun decor, and well laid-out! Everything was just so when we arrived.

The owner was incredibly polite and helpful both before our visit and afterward, when I needed to return to pick up an item I'd accidentally left behind.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The decor and cleanliness
Liked least: Frankly, nothing. The entertainment center could use a DVD/Blu-Ray player, I guess (unless I missed it). I brought my own.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
11 Jun 2015
You all were wonderful guests and left Flamingo Cottage in pristine condition. Please come again anytime!
Lu B
Bunkerville, Nevada
“This cute little cottage was immaculate and was across the street from a very uncrowded beach.”
Reviewed 3 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We have 3 daughters, one being a teenager and the others being younger, so the bedroom arrangements were perfect for us. There was a queen sized bed for our teen, in her own room and a single with a trundle in the other room, for the girls. The really nice thing was that each room had its own sink and toilet, very nice for girls! The property had a nice, private deck and backyard, and was literally a block from the beach! The house was very reasonably priced and very clean. We immediately felt very comfortable and at home there. The only thing we lacked was a DVD player, which we thought there would be, but we ended up finding movies on TV anyway. The kitchen is small, but not a problem as we only ate breakfast there. Though you could cook whatever you wanted, there was plenty of pans, dishes, anything you would need. Oh and my girls just loved the outdoor shower too!

Liked best: Hominess
Liked least: Small kitchen
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
29 May 2016
It is always wonderful to know when guests find Flamingo Cottage to perfectly suit their needs, and it sounds like that was the case this time. You are exactly right that the extra powder rooms are an extra nice feature so no one needs to fight over a bathroom, and every one has space to get ready in the morning. And the outside shower is the best! I hope you will return! My Best, ~Gretchen
GEORGE S
“WONDERFUL”
Reviewed 30 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Great little place stones throw from the beach and excellent dinning places.My wife and I absolutely enjoyed the whole experience! There was more then enough room we could have envited friends but it was our time together alone :)

Your age range 65+
11 Jun 2015
I hope you will return with friends in the future, now that you know that Flamingo Cottage is a gem. So glad you stayed! Thank you for the lovely review.
My Best, ~Gretchen
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing