“Fabulous Island getaway”
Review of Rimba Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Sibu
Rimba Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pulau Sibu
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Rimba was recommended to me by a friend for a quick and easy weekend getaway from Singapore. My friends and I were not disappointed. The resort arranged transport to and from Singapore so traveling there was easy . Once on the beautiful Island we immediately switched off from city mode into relaxation mode. The open air huts are basic but well made.There is no air conditioning and the water pressure is low, but you are on an Island. We spent two days pretty much just laying on the beach, using the spa, eating and drinking. They also have a dive center and you can walk around the island if you are more motivated than we were. Bring bug spray and baby oil as the sand flies and mosquitos are very hungry. The staff was great. I highly recommend coming here for a few days respite.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Strongangel1310
There are newer reviews for Rimba Resort

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Headed over for what was supposed to be a 10 day travelling trip of Malaysia but went here first and couldn't leave it.

Everything was top class, but mainly the service from the staff and the quality of the food is what stood out mostly.

The resort itself is located perfectly on the island where it gets sunshine all day and you can enjoy an evening cocktail watching the sunset over the sea.

Only thing negative about this place is that I had to leave it. Pure paradise.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach hut with a sea view. Lovely to wake up to.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I learned about Rimba from a friend of mine and I have to admit that initially I was a little wary at the idea of staying in a resort where there was no air-conditioning. However, from the moment I stepped off the tender and on to the beach there, I knew I had made the right decision. From the gorgeous setting, the beautifully rustic chalets with their old-fashioned mosquito nets to the communal bar and restaurant with its delicious Malaysian cuisine, everything about Rimba was special. In short, it proved to be a wonderfully relaxing experience that was made all the more enjoyable by the genuinely friendly staff.
I also want to give a special mention to Cat who organized everything for me, from my initial reservation to my transfers to and from Singapore. You and your great team made the entire experience headache-free.
I will definitely be back!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I had planned a surprise birthday getaway for my hubby and it turned out FABULOUS!

It was seamless from booking to prompt replies, transport into Malaysia and a short boat ride to Rimba.

I must admit that I had no expectations when I arrived as I read about the no aircon huts. But it turned out to be wonderful! The staff made our stay even more priceless!

We took it easy for day 1. Just relaxed in the room then we explored the reef rocks around the resort. It was beautiful! So the key is you have to be adventurous. Otherwise, you won't venture to the rocky areas.

The meals were always good as we would always be hungry after all the activities like snorkeling. We spent day 2-4 snorkeling at Mentinggi and at the resort! My hubby who is an avid sea lover mentioned that the reefs are really lovely and well-kept. So we hoped that this will continue.

And after 4 days of relaxing at the resort, we felt very rejuvenated! Almost tempted to stay 1 more night! we promised to be back whenever we need couple time..

So a BIG THANK YOU to Cat who took our reservations and were always checking and chatting with us daily, Carly the serious looking but very humourous resort manager, Jenny and Firdaus who always greeted us with big smiles at the restaurant, Hannah who has amazing massage skills, rob and Ryan who always made us awesome drinks at the bar and finally John who is the hilarious dive master with ash who took us out to snorkel in the day and night!

We will be back and take care till then!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ng_June_Li
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Took a weekend break from Singapore with a friend and it was just perfect. Easy shuttle bus, private boat waiting to bring you to the island and lovely staff waiting for you when you get there. It's a pretty basic island resort in many ways, with cold (but not salt!) water showers and no AC so it's not for people who need their luxuries - but for me it was perfect.

With no need to think about about flight times, taxis to the airport etc this really felt like a much longer break then just one weekend.

I decided to book this as an easy way to do a dive course without time off work - now I'm seriously thinking about going back in two weeks for another break. The dive center is also excellent and run by a very highly qualified diver, the rescue course isn't easy but it was a LOT of fun thanks to the great team.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
8.3 km away
TAd Marine Resort
TAd Marine Resort
#1 of 1 in Pulau Tinggi

Been to Rimba Resort? Share your experiences!