Rimba Resort
US$50
US$46
Priceline
  • Beachfront
TAd Marine Resort(Pulau Tinggi)
US$169
Timotel Hotel(Mersing)
US$45
US$35
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot waterget awaysea gypsysibu islandjungle walkno air conbasic accommodationscuba divingfishmosquito nettingsandy beachceiling fanfamily chalethi tidesuper friendly staffrelaxing weekendopen air
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Great place to chill and enjoy the sea and nature. Easy and quick to get to from Singapore for a weekend. Simple, basic accommodation but clean and in tune with the overall easy-going atmosphere. Great staff and good food. All in all a wonderful, inexpensive place to escape city life and work.

Room Tip: Get the 'wedding suite' if you want hot water ;)
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2016

The staff, the location, the proximity to Singapore, the food, the total disconnect from the world ... there are so many things to rave about at Rimba Resort. My friends and I loved our long weekend away.
With our private van transport on Friday afternoon and the quick boat ride to the resort from the jetty - it felt like minimum effort for maximum result.
No hot water, no AC, no doors on the huts sound scary but weren't at all. It added to the ambience of the resort.
The staff were fantastic, they anticipated needs, were keen for a chat and were totally at our service in a lovely down-to-earth way. Food was excellent and they were happy to suit dietary needs - wonderful!
The dive centre was awesome, big shout out to Ash, John & Nat for helping us. While the dive sites themselves aren't the best ... it's always great to be in the water. The proximity to the resort also helps ... less time on the boat and traveling. A professionally run dive centre for sure.
I'll definitely be going back! What a gift at a very minimal price.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Rimba was recommended to me by a friend for a quick and easy weekend getaway from Singapore. My friends and I were not disappointed. The resort arranged transport to and from Singapore so traveling there was easy . Once on the beautiful Island we immediately switched off from city mode into relaxation mode. The open air huts are basic but well made.There is no air conditioning and the water pressure is low, but you are on an Island. We spent two days pretty much just laying on the beach, using the spa, eating and drinking. They also have a dive center and you can walk around the island if you are more motivated than we were. Bring bug spray and baby oil as the sand flies and mosquitos are very hungry. The staff was great. I highly recommend coming here for a few days respite.

1  Thank Strongangel1310
Reviewed 15 October 2016

Headed over for what was supposed to be a 10 day travelling trip of Malaysia but went here first and couldn't leave it.

Everything was top class, but mainly the service from the staff and the quality of the food is what stood out mostly.

The resort itself is located perfectly on the island where it gets sunshine all day and you can enjoy an evening cocktail watching the sunset over the sea.

Only thing negative about this place is that I had to leave it. Pure paradise.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach hut with a sea view. Lovely to wake up to.
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I learned about Rimba from a friend of mine and I have to admit that initially I was a little wary at the idea of staying in a resort where there was no air-conditioning. However, from the moment I stepped off the tender and on to the beach there, I knew I had made the right decision. From the gorgeous setting, the beautifully rustic chalets with their old-fashioned mosquito nets to the communal bar and restaurant with its delicious Malaysian cuisine, everything about Rimba was special. In short, it proved to be a wonderfully relaxing experience that was made all the more enjoyable by the genuinely friendly staff.
I also want to give a special mention to Cat who organized everything for me, from my initial reservation to my transfers to and from Singapore. You and your great team made the entire experience headache-free.
I will definitely be back!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo