“No longer in business”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was outstanding when it was in business. Owner was a personal friend, her business was a good one, food and service were excellent.

Was replaced with an Indian restaurant, TajPalace. It also is an excellent restaurant.

Bon a petit!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

This restaurant was opened several years ago and was a welcomed addition to the local food scene. It was a good place for lunch and great for dinner and parties. Unfortunately it is now closed and an Indian-themed restaurant under new management will take it's place. A note on the door says they will still serve mojitos.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

We've been to Mojitos and Tapas before. It is nice inside and the accomodate our nephew who is wheel-chair bound. It was very crowded when we arrived for dinner but lots of folks finished up and there were only a few customers by the time we finished eating.

Two of our party (of 5) were late. But the hostess seated us anyway. We ordered drinks and were visiting when the manager came by. I asked her for some bread while we were waiting. She said she couldn't bring us bread until after we placed our order. I asked again and she reluctantly brought us 4 pieces of bread and dipping oil.

Meanwhile the rest of our party arrived, including our 9 month pregnant niece. She asked for more bread which was brought right away. However, her tummy couldn't handle the dipping oil, so she asked for butter for the bread. The waitress brought 2 small pats of butter because the manager didn't want to give us too much butter. I offered to pay extra for more butter, so waitress brought out more.

I've never had such drama over getting bread and butter with our dinner. Our bill for the evening, including drinks was $170... so I don't think the restaurant lost money on us. The waitress said the manager was just stressed that day.

Otherwise, the waitress and bartender were excellent. Everybody loved their dinner. And despite the bad interaction with the manager, we will be coming back.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I LOVE this place! Wonderful food and service - relaxed and casual and fun. I haven't been back since the restaurant was sold - I'm eager to see what has changed.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Mojitos and Tapas is a fun departure from the normal Warrenton fare. As the sign indicates it has Mojitos and they were as good as advertised! The food was good and they had fried yucca - which is hard to find in Warrenton! :) Great restaurant for those who want to try something different!