“Super clean and spacious - close to amazing restaurants and interstate”

Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I could tell you lots of great things about how much I loved this hotel-- like how incredibly spacious the room was (seriously huge!), how comfy and clean all of the accommodations were, how close the hotel was to the interstate and the business I had to do in Fishersville and Staunton, how great it was that there were lots of easily accessible plug outlets (seriously, you don't realize how important that is until you stay somewhere that doesn't have plug outlets handy-- this hotel had that covered! Awesome!), how nice it was to have a free breakfast, free wi-fi and free parking, and how lovely the staff was at check-in/check-out. But I also want to make sure you know how grateful I was for the phenomenal Mexican restaurant just across the street (Plaza Azteca-- you've gotta try it!) and the Outback because I travel so much and usually end up stuck at a hotel that has some crappy fast food joint nearby as the only food option-- it is rare to stay at a hotel that has an Outback and an absolutely wonderful Mexican restaurant so conveniently within steps of its doors! I really appreciated that!

Again though, I don't want to de-emphasize how great the accommodations were and how much I appreciated the cleanliness, spaciousness, and comfort of this hotel-- seriously fantastic! Also, I am a stickler about good water pressure and hot water temperature and this hotel got an A+ for the great shower experience! In fact, the only two things I could ding this hotel on was that I did start to get faint traces of cigarette smoke from smokers staying in other rooms nearby which I am just REALLY uber-sensitive to (I usually try to stay at 100% smoke-free hotels for this reason) and my wi-fi speed in the room wasn't fast enough for me to FaceTime with my family using my iPad (too slow which was disappointing). If it weren't for those two issues though, I would have given this hotel five stars all the way!

For a road warrior who is as picky as me to say that I would stay here again without giving it a second thought, you should have complete confidence that you will have a great stay if you choose this hotel for a future trip! Happy travels! (Oh and be sure to stop by Mrs. Rowe's in nearby Staunton on the way into or out of town to pick up some chocolate coconut macaroons-- OMGosh, they are to die for!)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank debbiesdreamtrips

Reviewed 30 August 2012

The check in lady was very friendly and efficient and we were quickly in our room. We did not use the pool and jacuzzi but it looked very nice. There was plenty of parking and it was easy to find just off the 64.
The breakfast was vey nice and there were enough tables. The strawberries were a nice touch and it's nice to find a hotel with more than one toaster and that actually toasts both sides of the bread. We also loved the grab bag, with water, fruit and a cereal bar or trail mix - thought that was great.
The only thing we didn't love was the noise when you flush the loo - horrendous, makes you jump.
Would definately stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Waynesboro. Hotel staff was very friendly, rooms were spacious, and beds comfortable. The hot breakfast was standard for Holiday Inn Express and adequate for our needs. The hotel is located next to the Outback Steakhouse and an easy walk thru the parking lot to dinner. I would stay here again as the location to the interstate is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rbd4237
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I just stayed here the weekend of Aug 17 & 18. The rooms were very clean & comfortable. We didnt use any amenities but could see that everything was very nice. The pool/hot tub is open 24 hrs which is a very nice feature of this hotel. We did stop at the lobby breakfast for coffee & a muffin both mornings. I would definetly stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Memis25
Reviewed 12 August 2012

After traveling the Skyline Drive, we were looking for a place to spend the night before continuing on the Blue Ridge Parkway. This hotel was perfect. Spacious room was excellent and hot breakfast was adequate. We enjoyed our overnight stay and would return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank moogo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
0.6 km away
11.3 km away
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340? Share your experiences!