“Booked non-smoking...didn't get one”

Quality Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed 9 May 2017

I have terrible allergies which is why I wasn't able to stay in town with my friend who has several pets. I purposefully booked a non-smoking room. The second I entered, I was blasted with a smoke smell. They even put a small air freshener on the air conditioner (see photo). When I complained, I was told that the room I was in (room 150) "used to be a smoking room" which is why it smelled. I noticed that 150 didn't have a no smoking sign although others did (see photos). Nothing was available, and they agreed to move me the next day.

When I went to check into my new room, the receptionist told me that I had originally made a rez for a smoking room. I asked her to show me a printout since mine clearly said non-smoking. She told me that the woman the previously night changed my rez to non-smoking so she had no record of the original.

My new room, although was non-smoking, didn't have a working air conditioner. I would have been fine dealing with everything except for the dishonesty. I was offered a small discount off the second room.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not in the "annex"
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank amesl97

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

If you are staying for just 1-2 nights, this Quality Inn is adequate. It is relatively easy on/off I64. Rooms are ok and clean. Staff is firm, but polite. No comment on breakfast, didn't eat there. I would stay there again if need be.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We stayed on a Saturday night. The check in was very friendly. The room was clean, but very tired - lots of scratches, stains, dents, holes in the drapes, etc. We did not try the breakfast. Not a bad place, but not up to other Quality Inns we have stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Firstly, I'm usually a budget travel (unless traveling for business) so I'm familiar with Econo Lodge's and know what to expect. This Quality Inn should really be classified as an Econo Lodge. Nothing "quality" here. I guess I expected better since it is a Quality Inn and it costs more than an Econo Lodge.
The GOOD: Heater worked as it should. Plenty of outlets for your devices. Frig and microwave in the the room. Room is big and has a small table and two chairs. Night clerk lady extremely nice and helpful.
The BAD: Carpet dirty on arrival and still after our first nights stay. Bed was really hard and pillows super soft. You'll want your own from home. The TV is the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel. The bathroom is in dire need of updating. The toilet is one you'd find in gas station! Enormous flush noise that will wake the dead. The toilet paper provided feels like paper towels. I actually bought some at the WalMart down the street! Two of the four towels smelled nasty. How can the light switch be right next to the shower? I mean, the shower curtain touches the light switch! How is that legal? Bathroom fan did not work. The train noise will rumble the front facing rooms. Breakfast is nothing to get excited about. Again, like Econo Lodge. Stale breads, some sort of egg thingie, waffles, cold cereals. I wasn't about to eat when I witnessed the morning clerk picking his nose as he walked away from the food area. Upon checkout, after staying two nights, he didn't even ask how our stay was. Perhaps, deep down--he knows. Would I stay again? No. Would I recommend? No.

Room Tip: Rooms facing road can be noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Annette G
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Booked in advanced with credit card for early check-in . Cancelled when I arrived and denied early check-in told to wait 5 hours. Cancelled hotel said no problem and called later to confirm told no problem because another person who had cancelled said hotel refused return of money. They billed my card for 2 nights even though I didn't stay. Currently disputing with credit card company. Choice Hotels Owner says my problem not theirs need to deal with GM HUMMMMMMMMM stay clear of this rip off place

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank smc7423
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
4 km away
15.2 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 14 in Staunton

Been to Quality Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!