“Beautiful resort.”

Greensprings Vacation Resort
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Beautiful resort. Wish there was a pool near our building, so we wouldn't have to drive there. When our washing machine wouldn't work, maintaince was there quickly to fix it. Everything clean and tidy. Just needed scissors in kitchen.

Room Tip: Concierge should be more knowledgeable about things to do. They were most interested in getting you...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joyce M

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Clean with magnificent room views, balcony, natural sunlight and QUIET, courteous "neighbors" besides up-to-date appliances and furnishings. Indoor and outdoor pools up to 5 ft. depth, indoor jetted hot tub for guests, separate kiddie pool, miniature (and full) golf courses, live activities such as contests, dancing, ping pong table, table hockey, cabana for snacks and more! The resort looks exactly as shown on their website. For kids and adults. Friendly service from housekeeping, grounds folks, and security personnel. Really enjoyed. NOTE: no elevator inside the unit in which I stayed - stairs only - for physically challenged that may pose a problem for a 3rd floor room where must walk up steps. Good nature view (saw owls and frogs behind property from balcony)

Room Tip: NOTE: There's no elevator inside the unit Only stairs - so for physically challenged that may po...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

My wife, two children and I stayed here in August 2017. I had some trepidation after reading some of the recent reviews on TA which complained about cleanliness and the check-in process. Our experience was very good. Our room had two bedrooms. It was very comfortable and it seemed fine from a cleanliness point of view. We had a kitchen, two baths/showers and air conditioning. We also had free WIFI. We stayed here two nights and for us it was a base to explore Williamsburg, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Yorktown and Busch Gardens. The location of the resort is very good. It is not far from Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, Williamsburg New Town, and Highway 64 for driving to Virginia Beach. If you are a Diamond Resort Member, I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank blairkk25
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I had high hopes for this resort, but was met with many disappointments.

1. The units were poorly constructed. We could hear every single footfall, every uttered word of the people upstairs, even as they went about their normal business.

2. The playground was tiny and boring, worse than those found in my neighbors' back yards.

3. The shower head spray hurt so much I couldn't face it, even on the low pressure setting.

4. The front desk staff were slow, it took us a really long time to check in.

5. The concierge desk was not helpful, though they made promises over the phone, we were met with blank stares upon simple requests and were just repeatedly handed the "welcome packet" of local brochures.

6. There's a lack of shade near the pool.

7. When I called the desk to report super loud upstairs activities (moving all the furniture and wrestling late at night), they were rude and treated me like I was nuts for asking. My kids were trying, unsuccessfully, to sleep. I simply wanted a courtesy call, not the Army National Guard! (I couldn't reach the neighbor's myself, each unit has separate locked entrances.)

Positives

1. The pool is safe for the kids, it's not super deep, and seemed clean.

2. The resort listed a bunch of family friendly activities and art, though we were so busy, we didn't participate.

3. The kitchen seemed well-situated for cooking. We made breakfast each day.

No matter what, I don't recommend this place under any circumstances and I won't be staying there again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Bethany G
Diamond R, General Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are sorry to note your disappointment with your recent stay with us at Greensprings Vacation Resort. At our resort, we do endeavor to ensure that our standards reach the expectations of our guests. We can also assure you that all our staff members are fully trained and aim to do their utmost to make our guest's stay an enjoyable one. If you would like to reach out to the front desk team, we would be happy to assist and look in to this further for you. We do hope to see you at one of our resorts in the future and we'd like to wish you all the best with your future travels.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Before I our stay I called to request a unit with a king bed and two singles and was told they couldn't guarantee that configuration but would do the best they could. I spoke with the front desk manager and she made the notes. At check-in the staff made it possible. Thank You!

Greensprings is a beautiful timeshare property with a superior staff. My husband was able to relax by the pool and use the hot tub. We both were able to relax. The unit was clean and updated.

Greensprings is centrally located to all the sights in the Williamsburg area.

My scale of how well a timeshare is ... Would I send a friend? I would definitely be happy to recommend Greensprings to anyone and would be happy to visit again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends