“No complaints”

King's Creek Plantation Resort
Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed at this resort for a week booked through Interval International and were very pleased with our accomodation in the Townes area. Two bedroom unit included full kitchen, sitting area and 4 tv's. . We were in an upstairs unit and luckily for most of the week there was no one downstairs but I think noise might have been an issue if they had stayed longer.

Because it was off-season the activities were limited, but the indoor pool was enjoyed by the teenaged girls in our group. Good shopping at the centre next to the resort--JCPenny,Kohls ,Target and a BestBuy for those electronic cords that were forgotten. It would be within walking distance for those units at the front of the resort.

No shortage of things to do off the resort. Certainly all the historical sites in the area will keep everyone interested and occupied for a few days. Beautiful area with lots of trees ,very clean.
enjoyed dinner at captain George's seafood buffet. Ate our money's worth of crab legs for sure.

This is a timeshare resort so it's important to understand that if you're taking advantage of a promotional weekend away you will be expected to attend a sales presentation. if you bookit directly with the resort you are not obligated to attend though you may be invited frequently and offered freebies if you attend.

I'd have no hesitation returning provided i had the same quality of room we had this time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank dianneon2
Write a ReviewReviews (2,064)

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We booked online after seeing the great deal offered for a three night stay. A day later ,I was asked to change my arrival as this was not convenient for their 90 minute sales presentation. I explained that the dates chosen were firm and asked for a refund. The person I spoke to said there was no problem and that I should see the transaction removed from my credit card within 14 to 20 days. Well, it has been well past 30 days and the charges are still there. I have made a few phone calls and hope that I will see see a change in my credit card balance soon, Words of advice....Do not make reservations with this resort unless you are flexible with dates. After reading the reviews, the intense sales pitch of 5 hours really does not make this place a bargain.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank ilga
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was really nervous about going to this place, based on the rest of the reviews I read on here. My wife and I picked up a trip for $289 at a convention.

We were in the newest set of condos, and everything was brand new.

Yes, there was a sales pitch. They started out trying to sell me a time share for $27,000. After I kept laughing and saying no way in hell, they eventually came all the way down to $5900 for the same package. Still no way I'd buy into it, but just in case anyone else is, be willing to haggle, because I bet I could have got them even lower than that.

The salesman wasn't too bad, just some young guy pretty fresh out of highschool. After I laughed him off and said no, I wasn't buying, please give me my $50 amex card I was promised so I can go, he brought in his boss. His boss was a bit pushier, but I still made it clear that I thought the idea of the time share was bad and I had no interest in buying. He thanked me for my time, and they got me the $50 I was promised when I first signed up for the $289 package. We were in and out within 90 minutes.

The unit itself was very clean. 27" LCD TV in both the living room and bedroom. The king size bed was very nice, and my wife loved the tub that was in the master suite. I found the couch to be uncomfortable though.

The build quality of the place was very lacking. Stick-down floor tiles, and I could see the seams in the drywall. The walls were VERY thin. Our last night we had neighbors, and I finally had to go over and ask them to please keep it down. I could hear everything they were saying. The toilet was also not secured well, and would rock back and forth while I was taking care of business.

The front desk was very nice, however the maid that I ran into didn't speak english. I asked if I could please have an extra garbage bag, since we'd ran out. I all I got was a "no hablo ingles." Nice.

The pool was nice. We went in February, and it was nice and warm inside the indoor pool area. The locker rooms had no where to change. Not just nowhere private, but literally, no benches or anything to sit down on.

It was very centrally located to everywhere, we went to Yorktown, and it was 10 miles away. Plenty of shopping nearby. The target that was down the street was a Super Target, so they had groceries.

The front desk rented movies for $5 a piece, however there was a Redbox at the Harris Teeter grocery store about 3 miles away, so I ran there to get movies instead.

The cable service to the TV's was pretty ho-hum. Very basic. When you have baby's that go to bed at 6pm, its nice to have some TV to watch while your around the condo.

The salesman kept going on about the build quality of the units. I had to laugh at that. The baseboards were literally structural 2x6's painted white. Come on guys, you can't spring for some decent baseboards in your $27,000 a week Condos?

There were nice Stainless Steel propane grills all over the property, had I been there at a warmer time, I'd have done some grilling.

I thought I might have some issues with the $289 for 4 nights program I was offered, because me and my wife are fairly young, however we meet the age and income requirements they were looking for. The salesman never asked us any details. For everyone on here saying they had a terrible time with the sales guys. Just be firm. Fire back the wrong answers at them. I had some fun discussing with them why, no, I do not feel vacations are a necessity, and people that think that are part of why our economy is in the crapper, because they run out and spend money they don't have on timeshares, then end up bankrupt.

I also got a great laugh out of the interest rate they offered. 16.9%. My mortgage is 6%. My creditcard is 10%. If this really is deeded property like they keep saying, why can't I get the going rate for a mortgage, which is right now 3.8% ?

Would I go back? I doubt they'd let me do the same program again with the sales tour because I already told them no to a timeshare, but yes, the place was very nice. The condo was clean and nice. The people were nice. It was a good time. I'm definitely recommending it to a few friends.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank LDerek
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I attempted to make reservations today (feb 12,2012) for myself, 2 kids and mother. I did the online booking then called for confirmation. Once I got to the gentelmen he says that this was a program for married or living together individuals bc they wanted to show the property and offer the sale of vacation stays (time share basically) and that this was not and option for me and i should just look around bc i was just looking for a vacation.

He does NOT know me or understand why I am a single parent, nor does he know that I take 8 vacations a year and property of such would have been worth my time since it may help on such vacations. How rude of him to ASSUME bc I am single I obviously can't support his lifestyle. I don't need a man to be financially stable, now wanting one is different..lol I have my own house, car, job and take care of my own kids 7 days a week. No nanny, maid, or room mate to help with the the daily chores of life. I completly enjoy my career and being a mom. Wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Good luck to all who may consider this place.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Melody C
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This was our second trip to Kings Creek Plantation. We stayed in the cottages. The first visit was great even admist the negative reviews that the places were dirty. The second time we went they surely gave us the dirtiest place.! The kitchen floor was sticky and black, things were broken and one of the toilets didn't work. I cleaned the floor myself with paper towels and was amazed at the dirt I picked up. I called the front desk to communicate my displeasure and they sent housekeeping. I showed housekeeping how dirty the floor was and they didn't seem to care. The construction of the place is also cheap. I will not be staying there ever again. Gross!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family