“Today is a sad day considering”

Paul's Deli Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 359 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Deli, Greek, Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

Today is a sad day considering I’m leaving this review. For I’m a local who has grown up here in Williamsburg and has eaten at Paul’s Deli multiple times. Don’t get me wrong the food is great, but unfortunately the customer service has deterred me from coming back ever again. And I can no longer recommend to family and friends.

Me and my significant other ordered an $87 meal through Door Dash. Door Dash was told by a Paul’s Deli employee the order was complete when in actuality it wasn’t. Naturally this isn’t Door Dash’s fault and they don’t deliver mistakes.

Now we have to drive out to Paul’s Deli and pickup the remainder of our order which completely nullifies utilization of Door Dash. Meanwhile the food that was delivered is gonna be cold by the time we return home.

On the way there I called to see if we could be compensated with a free large pizza ($16) since ours would be cold upon returning home. The manager deemed it unfair to get a free pizza for the loaded fries ($10) they left out of the order. I explained that we’re having to drive out there because of their mistake, and the food that was delivered would be cold upon returning home. He wasn’t having it. Instead he offered a gift certificate for the price of the loaded fries ($10) for our next visit. I declined and decided this would be the last time we’re gonna do business with them.

Once there they made fresh loaded fries and offered us the old fries as well. Well I declined because who wants cold fries? But I thought it was kinda funny that they’d rather lose us as customers over $6.

In the end we spent $87 on a cold meal minus loaded fries and nullified utilization of Door Dash which was a complete waste of time, money, and gas. Thank you Paul’s Deli for not seeing and easing the issue over 6 bucks for your mistake.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (291)

Reviewed 21 October 2020 via mobile

Stopped here for a late night dinner after a ghost tour. We were the only guests eating. The cook and staff were vert accommodating and the food was delicious. The dinner was huge! We were all stuffed.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank rw32726a
Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

Our family has always loved eating here. However, in the last few visits, things have gone downhill quit a bit. Floors are always sticky, bathrooms nasty, tables wet & servers lacking. Food is still amazing however. Just do some deep cleaning please.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 19 August 2020

Well, I haven't actually eaten here (yet!) . This is all about customer service. I ordered a gift certificate online for my Freshman son to celebrate his first day of school today at William & Mary. By the way, it's quicker to process if you order one over the phone versus online. Anyway, I called and talked to the manager on duty at Paul's Deli, Scotland St, named Josh. He was wonderful! Very responsive. Actually took the time to call the person who handled the online orders (as she wasn't going to be in until the end of the week), made sure my order was processed and wrote up the gift certificate for my son to pick up today.
Thank you!!! At least it made me feel a little better about being so far away on his first day. Can't wait to eat here when we visit!!

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 20 July 2020

Mack is a first rate server. He was fast, and I mean fast. Great attitude and really took care of all our needs. The Gyros were delicious as was the the local draft beer.

Date of visit: July 2020