“Friendliest place to stay in Winchester, VA”

Hampton Inn Winchester-University/Mall Area
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Front desk staff - excellent Housekeeping - excellent Breakfast staff - excellent Location - lots of restaurants, mall, historic downtown all close by We were here for a house shopping trip, would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank James A
Tanya B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Winchester-University/Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thank you for writing us regarding your stay at Hampton Inn Winchester, VA University/Mall Area the time taken to share your comments that we are the Friendliest place to stay in town is much appreciated. Feedback from our guests is vitally important in our mission to become the hotel of choice in Winchester, VA. Comments from our guests enable us to continually improve and exceed those standards.
We want you as our guest and hope to be your hotel of choice the next time your travels bring you through the valley.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We stayed here on Nov. 30 on our way down to Florida. We like Hampton Inns because they're predictably good. This was the first of 3 consecutive nights in 3 different Hamptons, and there were only slight differences between them. I like "predictably good" when doing these stopovers. I want to make the most of the down time in the evening and overnight, and I don't want any surprises.

The property was clean and modern. Personnel were efficient and friendly. The one thing I didn't like was that the breakfast bar was separated from the seating area (i.e., you can't see the breakfast bar from the seating area--it's behind a wall). Not that big a deal, but it warrants a comment.

The room was clean and updated. I didn't love that the bathroom was separated from the sleeping area by a sliding door. I would prefer that the bathroom entry would be from the entry hallway rather than directly from the side of the bed.

None of these detract from an excellent rating enough to bump it down.

Bed and bedding were very comfortable. Wifi was fine. Breakfast was exactly as expected: no gourmet food, just basic stuff to start you on your day. The people were great.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Tanya B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Winchester-University/Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you Joel F for the kind words on the Hampton Inn University/Mall Area Winchester, VA. The staff and I are appreciative of the wonderful comments on how predictability is good and we made the grade. I'm thrilled we made your stay a happy one. See you on the next trip back through the Shenandoah Valley.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I recently stayed 2nd time at Hampton inn University Mall Winchester, VA for 6 nights. Hotel manager Tanya B. refused services included with my Gold elite status. She either profiled me , or possibly she is just one angry women without class and manners. Nevertheless, after she verified my gold status she refused service believing that being "busy" explains everything .She was rude and refused to make any steps to fix her issues. After complaining to Hilton Guest services she lied in her response back to me that the issue is fixed. It seems this hotel administration seriously believe in ethnic profiling or as I mentioned earlier probably just don't have a clue what is professionalism or customer service is.
Hilton executive management handled this issue appropriately.
My original stay was scheduled to be 10 nights but horror of experiencing this "Baba Yaga" attitude is too terrifying.
I gave her appropriate time to fix this issue while in property and after I left it.
My travel agency was informed and property is flagged until apologies excepted.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank timofey
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Hampton Inn facilities have historically been pleasant experiences. This particular location left me with no heat during the Month of November. The satisfaction guarantee was not mentioned nor honored. There was mention of financial compensation, but never happened.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank brianlT2775KW

Thank you brianlT2775KW for your stay at Hampton Inn University/Mall Area Winchester, VA. We are truly appreciative for your time taken to send a response and express your thoughts. Our guests are highly valued and it has been a pleasure serving you.
As always all efforts are made to meet and exceed expectations of our guests and were sorry we fell short of that with no satisfaction for your faulty heater. If you could please contact me so we can discuss the issue.We hope you would plan to visit us again while in the area.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Hopefully the noise will be better after the refurbishment is finished. This is the average Hampton Inn. The best part about the place is it's proximity to everything important in Winchester, shopping, restaurants, the university and historical stuff. I-81 is less than a mile a way, but far enough not to contribute to the noise level.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas W

Thank you for your recent stay at Hampton Inn University/Mall Area Winchester, VA. We are truly appreciative for your time taken to send a response and express your thoughts. Our guests are highly valued and it has been a pleasure serving you.
As always all efforts are made to meet and exceed expectations of our guests and were sorry we fell short of that. Our hotel has completed 100% of the facility and the noise factor should not be an issue during your next stay. We hope you would plan to visit us again while in the area.