“Great hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Winchester
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Excellent location in Winchester, and nice hotel. Our company uses this hotel every year for our out of town employees to stay the night of our company Christmas party. Seems to work well, and the location makes it great for us.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear your company chooses our hotel each year for their Christmas party. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Having over 30 nights each year in a hotel, it is always great to know when I am in Winchester, the Hilton Garden Inn will always come through. The hotel is clean. The staff is outstanding and the location is ideal.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you for your review. We always love hearing back from our guests and your response is greatly appreciated. We always aim to exceed our guests expectations and I am glad our staff took good care of you during your stay. I know you have many hotel options when staying in Winchester and want to thank you for your business. I am glad to hear your stay was an enjoyable one and look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

A few hours prior to check-in, I receive an email through my travel company, NOT the hotel itself, to inform me I was literally kicked out of my room as the hotel "overbooked" itself. Why on earth wouldn't the hotel call me first?

I called in, and was greeted blandly by Traci, their front desk associated. Traci (not sure on spelling) showed zero empathy, wasn't apologetic, and literally said "I don't know how we picked people". She said they re-booked me with another hotel, however she failed to mention they booked me on the OTHER side of town, and in a room with two double beds. I'm traveling ALONE, and was in a King room, not even close. I asked to speak with a manager. She transferred me to a manager, who didn't Identify himself. He was also rude, bland, and showed ZERO empathy. I really couldn't believe it. He said "we chose who to remove based on our regular customers and then picked random names". I literally can't believe a manager would operate like that.

- I was given no options, literally kicked out from a room I had booked for weeks

- Why wouldn't you call all incoming guests and offer a free night and to transfer their stay to see if anyone volunteered, it's logical?

- He was unapologetic from the start, and came off plain rude.

What an absolutely terrible experience. This isn't the way Hilton's are supposed to operate, and much less how their employees are trained to act. You all should be embarrassed.

I understand things happen, but the lack of ANY apology, empathy, or proactiveness to make the best of the situation means you failed completely.

How do you support this type of customer servie #Hilton ?

Room Tip: Who knows which rooms are nice, there's a chance they may kick you out hours before you arrive.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear TheHobbitHole,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor. We had tried to contact you two days prior to your reservation to inform you we could not accommodate your reservation. However, your travel agent failed to provide any of your information in your reservation which included a phone number or even an email address to contact you. We were left with contacting her in regards to not being able to accommodate you, and she would not give us a phone number to contact you personally. Also, we did give you a free night as we paid for the first night at the other hotel we had moved you to. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Hilton staff should be more diverse and friendlier. Rooms are clean. I expected more from a Hilton. Food is below average. Front desk staff are definitely racist. Overall it is great if you are Caucasian but not for others.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden I... W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Anut439,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves on treating all guests with hospitality and respect. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Our goal is to make your stay better and brighter. If something isn't just the way you like it, simply let any Team Member know, and we will make it right. Guaranteed.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We have stayed at this location a number of times, and it always a reliable choice. We noticed this time that the welcome we got when arriving was better than usual. This hotel is clean and quiet being well off I-81. The only time it is not quiet is when the freight train rolls through at 4 AM. Try to avoid rooms in the front of the hotel for a better night's sleep. This hotel could use a few more decent channels on the TV.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.