“Good one night stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 10 October 2017

There are no complaints about this hotel. Check in staff were friendly and quick. The room was a decent size and clean and comfortable and the facilities good. The beds were comfortable and it was quiet at night. We though the breakfast was very good and much better than the normal continental breakfast fare. We only stayed the one night and believe we got good value for money and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Stimmo25 -

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester VA for your lodging accommodations. My staff and I appreciate your kind words and we really hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Spent two nights here in August. My room was on the small side with the king size bed taking up most of the space. There was also a side chair, a small desk area, and a dresser/TV stand. It was clean and comfortable and very quiet at the end of the hall on the first floor.

The complimentary breakfast was adequate and filling and a good start to the day. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. My only complaint is having to take the elevator upstairs to get ice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We had a stopover on our trip, and Winchester was a well timed mid-way point. Traveling up US522, this hotel was directly on our path (meaning very little extra GPSing required). Below is a quick list of the pros and cons from our experience, and a note that we stayed in room 106 so some parts of the review may be specific to the room but also may not...

Pros:
1) Location: As stated above, easy access from US522, but also from I81. Good variety of restaurants nearby.
2) Quiet: Even with its proximity to a major US route and Interstate we didn’t really hear any road noise.
3) Staff: Very friendly, always greeted with a smile and helpful.
4) Breakfast: Good variety and quality. Served from 0700 to 0900 so don’t sleep in too late!

Cons:
1) Light: I need a dark room to sleep in; that was a challenge. Even with both sets of blackout curtains drawn the room was easily navigable all night long.
2) AC: Somehow, someway, our AC switch from Cool at 68 to Heat at 80 at midnight. We woke up drenched in sweat and then I had to figure out how to work the AC panel in my mid-night blurriness.
3) Bathroom: No exhaust fan so don’t let the hot water run too long if you need to use the mirror.
4) Breakfast: Weekends are when I sleep in, and the 0900 cut off (as stated above) meant I had to set an alarm for my vacation if I wanted free breakfast.

Since my primary focus in a hotel is the room quality and amenities therein, the light infiltration and AC screwing up shade my review.

If you’re a “hang out in the lobby with friends” centric traveler, you may find this hotel a better match for you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear: UnclTrvlngMatt,

I thank you for your much thought, care and time sharing your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites.

I appreciate all that you had mention and I did discuss your feedback in detail with our VP of Operations. I assure you these issues have been addressed and will be corrected.

My staff and I truly believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I hope we will be given the opportunity to serve again. If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester VA area; please contact me directly to make your reservation and accommodate to your needs. My team and I will make it right.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I stay in a lot of Fairfield's all over the US so I know what to expect and what's good & what's not. This particular property has some wear & tear on it. It's not in bad shape but it's not in great shape either. There was no suitcase stand/rack to put my suitcase on so I just put it on the desk. There are not an abundance of electrical outlets in the room either. I'm a stomach-sleeper so I like a thin/flat pillow. Most hotels give you two fluffy/firm pillows and two soft/flat pillows. All four of my pillows were extra fluffy. One had a broken zipper on the pillow cover and should have been replaced or thrown out. Some of the wallpaper was peeling in the room as well. I would say if you want a quick stopover to hang your head for the night, you will be ok. Not sure I would want to stay a week here. The best part of my visit was the super-friendly staff. The location is also close to the interstate but there are only chain restaurants (Cracker Barrel, IHOP, etc) close by but other options a little further out.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear GRofVA:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. We certainly in no way want our guests to leave unhappy. I've read your comments about the various situations that had occurred during your stay that was not to your satisfaction. I do apologize for what you have experienced at our property this not the level of service we provide to our guests.

My staff and I truly believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I assure you these issues have been addressed and are being corrected. I hope we can regain your trust with us; if your travels should bring you back into the Winchester VA area. Please contact me directly and I will personally accommodate to your lodging needs.

My staff and I hope to have the opportunity serve you again and we will make it right.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I had originally planned to stay at another chain hotel but being the free spirit traveler that I am, that hotel was already booked. So this wasn't my first choice and it was very late when I got there. I was pleasantly surprised by my room, it was clean and nicely furnished. I thought it was exceptionally quiet and the bed was comfortable. I liked the separate seating area with a TV from the sleeping area (with a TV). If I had gotten there earlier I would have enjoyed watching TV from the couch rather than the bed while winding down. The breakfast in the morning was nice but nothing out of the ordinary for hotel continental breakfasts.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for choosing The Fairfield Inn & Suites for your lodging accommodations. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant surprise at our property; your room being clean, nicely furnished and your guest bed was comfortable. My staff and I hope your travels will bring you back to our hotel again soon.