Sleep Inn & Suites(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$98
US$93
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

All reviewsfront deskan upgradewafflesfree breakfastwould stay here againthe breakfast areanice breakfastcracker barrelfirst floornice roomvery nice hoteleasy accessstaff was friendlyinterstatecostcocerealinns
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Spent two nights here in August. My room was on the small side with the king size bed taking up most of the space. There was also a side chair, a small desk area, and a dresser/TV stand. It was clean and comfortable and very quiet at the end of the hall on the first floor.

The complimentary breakfast was adequate and filling and a good start to the day. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. My only complaint is having to take the elevator upstairs to get ice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester VA for your lodging accommodations. My staff and I appreciate your kind words and we really hope to see you on your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We had a stopover on our trip, and Winchester was a well timed mid-way point. Traveling up US522, this hotel was directly on our path (meaning very little extra GPSing required). Below is a quick list of the pros and cons from our experience, and a note that we stayed in room 106 so some parts of the review may be specific to the room but also may not...

Pros:
1) Location: As stated above, easy access from US522, but also from I81. Good variety of restaurants nearby.
2) Quiet: Even with its proximity to a major US route and Interstate we didn’t really hear any road noise.
3) Staff: Very friendly, always greeted with a smile and helpful.
4) Breakfast: Good variety and quality. Served from 0700 to 0900 so don’t sleep in too late!

Cons:
1) Light: I need a dark room to sleep in; that was a challenge. Even with both sets of blackout curtains drawn the room was easily navigable all night long.
2) AC: Somehow, someway, our AC switch from Cool at 68 to Heat at 80 at midnight. We woke up drenched in sweat and then I had to figure out how to work the AC panel in my mid-night blurriness.
3) Bathroom: No exhaust fan so don’t let the hot water run too long if you need to use the mirror.
4) Breakfast: Weekends are when I sleep in, and the 0900 cut off (as stated above) meant I had to set an alarm for my vacation if I wanted free breakfast.

Since my primary focus in a hotel is the room quality and amenities therein, the light infiltration and AC screwing up shade my review.

If you’re a “hang out in the lobby with friends” centric traveler, you may find this hotel a better match for you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear: UnclTrvlngMatt,

I thank you for your much thought, care and time sharing your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites.

I appreciate all that you had mention and I did discuss your feedback in detail with our VP of Operations. I assure you these issues have been addressed and will be corrected.

My staff and I truly believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I hope we will be given the opportunity to serve again. If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester VA area; please contact me directly to make your reservation and accommodate to your needs. My team and I will make it right.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I had originally planned to stay at another chain hotel but being the free spirit traveler that I am, that hotel was already booked. So this wasn't my first choice and it was very late when I got there. I was pleasantly surprised by my room, it was clean and nicely furnished. I thought it was exceptionally quiet and the bed was comfortable. I liked the separate seating area with a TV from the sleeping area (with a TV). If I had gotten there earlier I would have enjoyed watching TV from the couch rather than the bed while winding down. The breakfast in the morning was nice but nothing out of the ordinary for hotel continental breakfasts.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for choosing The Fairfield Inn & Suites for your lodging accommodations. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant surprise at our property; your room being clean, nicely furnished and your guest bed was comfortable. My staff and I hope your travels will bring you back to our hotel again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2017

First off I am a Platinum Marriott member for life. I have over 800 nights in Marriott properties so I have a bit of experience to draw on. This hotel is in dire need of updating. My room was tiny and smelled as if someone had been smoking there nightly and they tried to clean it unsuccessfully. Tiles were broken and cracked in the bathroom.

These are things that can be resolved, but the kicker was the spiders in the shower this morning. I have never seen bugs in a hotel room before. I can just imagine what was crawling around in my sleep.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank bigpop34
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Bigpop34,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. We certainly in no way want our guests to leave unhappy. I've read your comments about the various situations that had occurred during your stay that was not to your satisfaction. I do apologize for what you have experienced at our property this not the level of service we provide to our guests.

My staff and I truly believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I assure you these issues will be addressed and corrected. I hope we can regain your trust with us; if your travels should bring you back into the Winchester VA area; please contact me directly. I will make your reservation and give you complimentary upgrade to our executive two room suite for the duration of your stay. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again and my staff and I will make it right.

Best Regards,

General Brown

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived and found that though the room was very nice, the accomodation was very tight for us and our two teenage sons. However, Matthew was able to rearrange the room and exceed our expectations. Though the hotel was super busy, Matthew treated us with a smile on his face, and as if we were the most important customers. Beds were great, room was very clean, food was fresh, and service was fantastic! Highly recommend!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for visiting us and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad to hear you had a fantastic experience. I'm happy to hear that Matt has given you and your family outstanding guest service and accommodate to your needs. He is our veteran here at the property and he believes in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests.

My team and I truly appreciate your kinds words about how great the beds were, the food being fresh and the service was fantastic!

My staff and I hope to see you on your next visit!

Warm regards,