Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester
Sleep Inn & Suites(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$94
Agoda.com
Comfort Inn(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$84
All reviewspancake makercinnamon rollsitalian restaurant across the streetnice pool and hot tubroom was cleanpull out sofagas stationthe breakfast areafollowing morningfront desk staffyogurtsmall fridgequiet hotelone night stayminute drivepleasant stayfitness center
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

It's a nice clean hotel. Comfortable with friendly employees. The per night rate is fair and they offer AAA or AARP discount (if you ask). Cinnamon rolls on the complimentary breakfast are always appreciated. HOWEVER, please note that you are in Virginia (the third largest tobacco producing state in the US). This is a SMOKING HOTEL. They only have 10 non-smoking rooms. I have to admit that I didn't ask and the ash trays and matches in my room threw me. The room did not have a bad smell...so, I stayed. Just know that non-smoking rules do not apply here. Again, overall it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin P
Mistie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Dear Kevin P.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay with us. We appreciate you feedback as it helps us provide better service and product to our guests.
Yes, our hotel does offer a limited number of smoking rooms located on the upper floor. This is solely based on demand for these room types in our area however, we do have two floors that are dedicated to non smoking entirely. If you are in the area again and choose to stay with us we would be more than happy to accommodate you in that location of the hotel. I am glad to hear that even though the room was smoking, you found it clean, comfortable and fresh.
We hope you will come back soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2016

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights from May 23 to May 26. I spent more time at the hotel than my husband as he was here on business. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had a room at the back near the exit ramp but were not bothered by traffic noise as some reviewers were.

The pool was refreshing and the patio outside off the pool area was a nice spot to enjoy the sun and dry off.

The free breakfast had lots of options. Fresh fruit, pancakes, a variety of hot and cold cereals, eggs, sausage or bacon, breads and yogurts. Fresh coffee, teas, milk or juice to drink. I loved the warm cinnamon buns. So good.

Housekeeping was hit or miss. Ladies were so nice but sometimes forgot to replenish coffee in the room or empty garbage. Not a big deal.

If we return to Winchester, and I hope to, will surely stay here again. Lovely place to visit.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Julee

Dear Julee,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay with us here in Winchester, VA. We appreciate your feed back and will certainly use it to improve the services we provide to our guests.
I am glad that you were not disturbed by the exit ramp, as noted some guests are. I think it really is determined by the guest sensitivity.
We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Comfortable bed, peaceful area, nice size. Only thing....ask for room facing front of building! Behind hotel is an exit ramp off highway. You can hear every big truck riding their breaks!!! Other than that, it is a nice place to stay. The front staff ladies were very nice and personable.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank John W
Mistie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay with us. I am very sorry that you were disturbed by the noise from the exit ramp. Some guests are bothered by that and we recommend as well that they stay on the front side of the hotel to avoid that disturbance. We are happy that you found the hotel relaxing and the staff friendly. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Lots of shops and restaurants and gas stations close by. Easy access to connecting roads. This appeared to be a fairly new property. We have stayed in 2 or 3 of these hotels and have always been satisfied.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank snowbird89

Dear Snowbird89,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review our our hotel and your stay with us in Winchester, VA. We are very happy that you found the hotel to meet your needs and are even more happy that you thought our hotel to be new as we just celebrated our 11 yr anniversary two days ago! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were visiting Winchester for the apple blossom festival. The hotel was very nice and clean. Though after my boyfriend and I walked back up to our room from breakfast we saw two maids in a room going through a ladies purse. I was very upset, this was an invasion of privacy and not to mention stealing. The only reason we stayed was because all the other hotels in the area were booked.

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank Aimee K
Mistie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Dear Aimee K,

I would like to directly respond to your review about our hotel and my staff. The accusations that you have reported regarding my housekeeping staff are very serious. This is not a behavior that is acceptable nor has it been an issue with my staff however, we must take immediate action to these issues if they are witnessed or if the do occur.
As I appreciate your comments, I certainly wish that you would of contacted the management of the hotel immediately upon your visual encounter either via phone or in person. If this had been the case, it would of been addressed right away. As it is difficult to go back 2 weeks later, I would like to request that you call my hotel directly and speak to me about this.. Any additional specific details you could provide would helpful.
I hope to hear from you soon.