Sleep Inn & Suites(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$80
Hampton.com
US$101
Country Inn
2,105 results
All reviewspedestrian mallhalf note loungeparking garagelobby barlovely hotelhistoric districttwo blockshotel restaurantlarge bathroompool and hot tubrestaurants and shopswalk in showerspent one nightshenandoah valleyroad tripking roomgw
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Living-room had a working fireplace. Biggest walk-in shower (4'x8') I'd ever seen (both rain head and body jets). Stay there on every visit to Winchester. Almost felt guilty wrinkling the sheets! LOL Nice ornate pool and hot tub. Front desk staff very accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Suzi S, General Manager at The George Washington a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review, and, for your repeated visits. No guilt allowed...wrinkle the sheets. :)

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We have spent the night on other occasions, and it’s a great place to stay. We have given them a few chances in the food department and not so great. The steak was very fatty, tough, and not as menu advertised, and definitely not worth the price. The chili had no flavor, and tasted mostly of corn meal, not 3 alarm. It’s all food service tasting, not custom made to go with the price. Nice place to have a cocktail.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

I'm sorry to hear that your experience in our restaurant was less than stellar. We now have a brand new Chef de Cuisine and a new menu being released in January. I hope you will return and please reach out to me prior to your visit at 540-771-2725 or suzi@wyndhamwinchester.com.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

The George Washington was a refreshing, surprisingly affordable alternative to the chain hotels we often choose along a road trip that requires flexibility in scheduling. The high ceilings, architectural elements and interior design of this historic building created a comfortable environment on a chilly evening for two weary travelers. It’s true that some of the fabrics and carpet could use updating, but we found our room and bathroom to be charming and clean, with solid, stately furnishings. lovely tile work and fixtures, and comfy bed linens. We slept comfortably and soundly, and the shower pressure was excellent. There was no noise. Our interaction with staff was limited, however, the receptionist was welcoming and accomodating. We did eat in the restaurant below the hotel. I would recommend trying other local restaurants just down the street instead.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

I'm glad to hear your stay was overall enjoyable. In January we begin a touch up with new carpets being installed. As well, our new Chef de Cuisine will be introducing a new menu in January. I hope you will return to experience our newly refreshed look and tasty new cuisine.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

I had heard so much about this place and I know it is an old hotel. I am up here in Winchester working on a project doing emergency management and we work 12 hr days 7 days a week. I wanted to try this place. The first night I got there the main elevator was broke and the heater in my room was broke. It ended up being a very cold night and I didn't sleep well. The elevator did get fixed but makes a horrendous sound when it opens. My room was not conducive for doing work. I have two laptops and all that was in there was a small round table with regular chairs that you sink down in when you sit in them. I had to put one laptop on one side of the table and the other on the other side and I felt like I was playing chess going back and forth sitting on the chairs. It was ridiculous. One of the main plugs that was on a lamp on that same table wasn't working so I could only plug one of my computers in. I put a not on it that it wasn't working but it was never fixed. There was a roach in my tub one day when I woke up. That was nice. I guess I expected so much more for the price that they charge for their rooms My other colleague that I was working with got a very nice room with plenty of area to work. She was staying only for a few days yet I was there for a month. I was going to stay several more months but was told I had to check out during one of the weekends because the owners daughter was getting married. I know for a fact that several of my colleagues were able to get a room and stayed there that weekend. It's just as well because I wasn't going to return anyway. Also, the people at the front desk weren't all that friendly unless you went up to the desk and had to ask them something. I walked by many times since I was there for so long, and someone would be standing there and never spoke to me or acknowledged me as I walked by. The Hilton Garden Inn where I am now is way better. They always acknowledge me and say hello and take very good care of me.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
1  Thank blacklt5

I an so sorry your stay was not a pleasant one. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your issues further. I can be reached at 540-771-2725 or suzi@wyndhamwinchester.com.

Reviewed 17 November 2017