“Excellent Business Stop”

Courtyard Winchester Medical Center
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I have nothing bad to review. It's a very clean and well run hotel! We had a window that wouldn't close, called the front desk and repair was made within 5 minutes. Staff was outstanding in every area. They serve Starbucks coffee which is nice for me even with the cost. I didn't have breakfast or any food from bistro. It's located in a great spot to several restaurants and downtown. I slept comfortably without loud noises.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I highly recommend Courtyard Winchester Medical Center. It's virtually steps from the Medical Center, and is an extremely well-kept hotel with staff that cannot do enough to please you. When we had a problem with our air-conditioning unit, the general manager, Mr. Herrera, could no enough to express his apologies and make things right, The bistro, housekeeping and front-desk staff were also accommodating in every way. I travel a lot and found this Courtyard to be a top value for the dollar.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I stayed here for a week in April during a training trip for work. It is a standard Courtyard - nothing really makes it stand out (good or bad). As a Platinum member, I was given a nice upgrade. The hotel was kept clean - inside my room and out in public areas. The bistro food was standard... maybe a little more "eh" than some Courtyard properties at which I've stayed. There are A LOT of local choices in downtown Winchester - if the weather is nice and you've got time, it certainly worth the 10 minute drive. I would stay here again if my job brings me back into town.

Room Tip: Spend 10 minutes and drive into downtown Winchester for dinner. You'll love it!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Spent 4 nights at this property last weekend till Tuesday with my husband. WE have been a Marriott rewards member for 3 decades at one point a platinum member when my husband traveled a lot. I am not sure if this is a corporate or franchise location. I question it as the attention to detail with this property is lacking if corporate. Overall a good location and well maintained. Housekeeping and front desk personal very professional. The bistro is great and offers quality selections at a great price. I have 3 issues with my stay, first is the really lousy mattress in our room. It had no support and very lumpy and the top sheet and comforter needed to be on a full/queen bed not a king. By the end of my trip my back was so sore could hardly sit on the flight back home. The second issue was the counter morning help that spoke Spanish to each other before during and after waiting on customers. I live in TX which is very much a bilingual state. My line of work requires it but we are not allow to speak it on the office floor unless its to a client otherwise in break room only. We find it here in TX to be rude when English is the primary language in this country and rude to others who don't know the language. My third issue is attention to details. Growing up in the industry father VP of HI I have a tendency to looks at the small things for cleanliness such as dust under bed and desk. Chrome items in bathroom that hasn't been cleaned in a while. I will say its been decades since I have anything negative to say about a Marriott property. I hope if anything they purchase quality mattresses with pillow tops like I am use to at other locations with a support system as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
jose h, General Manager at Courtyard Winchester Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Leisa L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience, I'm disappointed to learn that your stay with us was not a pleasant one, please accept my apology for the inconvenience with our mattress, I will take immediate corrective action to make sure the mattress is replace as soon as possible, you also mentioned that your dining experience was not enjoyable because my associates were speaking to each other in a different language that you couldn't comprehend.
Leisa L, what makes Marriott International one of the most successful hospitality companies in the world is that we embrace all cultures and languages, our associates usually are fluent in at least two languages and comprehend three or four however when it come to our guest we like to speak to them in a language that makes them feel at home. Please contact me directly to further discuss your concern. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you back in the near future.

Kind regard,

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Rooms were comfortable and good wifi service. The lobby Bistro was horrible. Service was nonexistent. My wife ordered the 'morning scramble', when it finally came it was throw on the table with a trail of eggs across the table. It took 15 minutes to toast a bagel. This is a great comedown as it used to have a good restaurant and even the Bistro wasn't too bad last year.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
jose h, General Manager at Courtyard Winchester Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Charlie F,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us, I am disappointed to learn that your dining experience did not meet your expectations, I will share your comments with my Bistro staff to make sure this was an isolated incident and it does not happen to future guests.
Please contact me directly to further discuss your concerns, I hope that next time you come back to the area you will consider staying with us.

Best regards,